Gail Z. Quigg is a missionary with the General Board of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church, and is assigned, along with her husband, Steve, to church aviation ministries. After 20 years of service in Africa, Gail and Steve are now based in the United States and travel widely in support of aviation ministries around the world.
Gail has served the aviation ministry in a variety of ways, serving as bookkeeper, radio operator, teacher, and flight coordinator. She has also provided extensive Bible instruction in a range of settings. She continues her multiple roles as the aviation ministry moves into new phases.
Gail earned a degree in secondary education from Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky. She has also completed course work at Asbury Theological Seminary in Bible teaching and cross-cultural lifestyles for families. However, Gail attributes most of her “practical education” to her 20 years of living and working in Africa.
Gail and her husband Steve began their missionary careers in 1979 in the small village of Bambur, Nigeria, where they worked with Air Muri, the aviation branch of the Nigerian United Methodist Church. Their next assignment was in the Democratic Republic of the Congo working with "Wings of Caring," the flight ministry of the Central Congo Annual Conference. Reflecting on her time in the Congo, which included two evacuations and being away from their Kananga base for two years, Gail says, "The goal for the aviation program was to support the work and growth of the church. By filling in where needed, I could do my part in helping the system work smoothly. Regardless of the gifts that God gives us, there are ways to use those gifts in mission."
Gail and Steve are the parents of two daughters, Heather and Kathy, both of whom were born in Nigeria.
Gail Quigg is available for Covenant Relationship support in Susquehanna Annual Conference , Greater New Jersey Annual Conference , Peninsula/Delaware Annual Conference , South Georgia Annual Conference , Western Pennsylvania Annual Conference .
Make an online donation to: Gail Quigg #07995Z.
- Missionary Support Code: 07995Z
- Track Gifts For 2013. For previous years, please use Online Gift Tracking and enter 07995Z for "Project Number."
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last update: 12/10
- Related: Stephen Paul Quigg
- Other missionaries working in: United States, North America
- Other missionaries working as: GBGM MISSIONARY
- Other missionaries supported by: Susquehanna Annual Conference , Greater New Jersey Annual Conference , Peninsula/Delaware Annual Conference , South Georgia Annual Conference , Western Pennsylvania Annual Conference
- Do another missionary search?