United Methodist Women is a mission organization whose members give of themselves through prayer, action and financial gifts in response to God's call. Each year United Methodist Women:
- raises millions of dollars in financial and material resources for programs and institutions aiding and empowering women, children and youth in the United States and more than 100 countries around the world;
- advocates for the needs of women, children and youth whose voices are often not heard in society;
- promotes environmentally friendly personal lifestyles and public policies;
- equips its membership for service and informed action through study of a public issue, a geographic area and a spiritual growth theme in Schools of Christian Mission offered around the country;
- trains members for leadership and service in district, conference and national events and workshops.