We found 10 additional articles filed under Alabama. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Sustainable and Abundant Life
03/22/2013 -- When Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast last October, flooding homes, train stations and even halting Wall Street trading, it shook more than buildings. Coming on the heels of summer wildfires, droughts that caused more than half of all U.S. counties to b...
- Transforming Lives on the Gulf Coast
03/05/2013 -- At Moore Community House, women learn how to build houses — and their lives.
- Hurricane Isaac's Impact on National Mission Institutions
08/31/2012 -- As hurricane Isaac sweeps through the Gulf Coast, it is important to keep our sisters and brothers in our minds, hearts and prayers.
- We Belong Together in Alabama
04/10/2012 -- Ruth Ann Powers, educator and leader in United Methodist Women, was among the 17 U.S. leaders at the We Belong Together roundtable in March who denounced HB 56, Alabama’s 2011 anti-immigrant legislation.
- National Seminar: Mission Reconciliation
01/03/2012 -- United Methodist Women taps U.S. civil rights history and new technology to engage the ministry of reconciliation in Birmingham, Alabama.
- United Methodist Women Helps Prevent Domestic Violence
08/17/2011 -- Video of news coverage from National Seminar. Julie Taylor sheds light on this issue that "belongs to all of us."
- National Seminar, From a Participant's View
08/17/2011 -- Sophia Agtarap blogged from National Seminar 2011 on reconciliation.
- United Methodist Women Prepares for National Seminar on Social Justice
08/08/2011 -- Women from across the U.S. will study and act on justice issues at the seminar, “Mission: Reconciliation,” Aug. 13-17 in Birmingham, AL. Bible studies led by Ada Maria Isasi-Diaz will be livestreamed every morning at 8 a.m. EST starting Aug. 14!
- The Day My World Was Turned Upside Down
05/06/2011 -- An update on the recent tornado that devastated Alabama and other parts of the South, from Women's Division director Lynn Hamric.
- Church and Community Workers: 125 Years of Mission and Counting
10/01/2009 -- Gallant, Alabama, October 1, 2009--A year-long celebration will mark the 125th anniversary of a United Methodist missionary movement devoted to the ministry with the poor and marginalized in the United States.
Return to the original article.