We found 46 additional articles filed under reconciliation. They're listed below, most recent first.
- On the Mountaintop
03/05/2013 -- On a spiritual journey, United Methodist Women can help you reach your peak.
- United Methodist Women Joins Ecumenical Call for Commonsense Gun Laws
01/17/2013 -- United Methodist Women joined more than 40 national faith groups signing a Jan. 14 ecumenical letter to both houses of the U.S. Congress asking for commonsense legislation to reduce gun violence.
- Violence in Gaza: What United Methodist Women Supports in Israel-Palestine
11/29/2012 -- We grieve over this and call on United Methodist women to keep the conflict in your prayers and thoughts. United Methodist Women supports many projects in Israel-Palestine.
- A Circle of Thanksgiving
11/01/2012 -- What does the national Thanksgving holiday mean for Native American peoples?
- Responsively Yours: Break Stalemates to Peace
10/01/2012 -- Have the tragic shootings around the country this year prompted you to prayer and action or are you stunned? Like Jesus’ lament in Luke 19; for we do not know the “things that make for peace.”
- Celebrate the Contribution of Indigenous Peoples
08/07/2012 -- On August 9, 2012 the United Nations commemorates the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. Please take time on this day to learn more about the current realities of Indigenous peoples.
- Cutting-Edge Ministries and Commissioning of Deaconesses and Home Missioners
04/17/2012 -- These women and men follow Jesus in ministering to those in the "margins of society." You can watch the April 29th service of commissioning online.
- Beyond Labels
03/09/2012 -- Seeking open dialogue and community in a divided world.
- “Let’s Be Friends”
03/09/2012 -- It was a simple idea: United Methodist Women reaching out to Muslim women and saying, “Let’s be friends.”
- Ubuntu Explorers Trip to Northern Ireland
02/27/2012 -- Join other United Methodist Women on an Ubuntu eXplorer Journey to Northern Ireland, September 14-23, 2012.
- Reflecting on a Heroic Prophet: The Unfinished Work of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
01/12/2012 -- True heroes make us better by challenging our misplaced priorities, expanding our vision of a better world, and inspiring us to pursue the vision. Martin Luther King did that for a generation and contintues to inspire long after his death.
- Responsively Yours: "Something there is that doesn't love a wall"
01/03/2012 -- Let us not give walls undue power. In this new year, let us dream of peace, but let us also commit ourselves anew to work for peace, and to declare the message of the love of God for all peoples on earth.
- National Seminar: Mission Reconciliation
01/03/2012 -- United Methodist Women taps U.S. civil rights history and new technology to engage the ministry of reconciliation in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Women, War and Peace: Three Women Win the Nobel Prize for Peace
12/21/2011 -- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is the first woman to be elected head of state in Africa and she ushered in peace after a 14-year civil war. Leymah Gbowee founded Women, Peace and Security Network Africa, and is known for organizing a women’s peace protest that inc...
- Rural Women Panels Raise Issues on Food Security, Violence Against Women
11/01/2011 -- In observance of International Day of Rural Women and World Food Day, United Methodist Women co-organized two panel discussions highlighting issues important to rural women around the world at the Church Center for the United Nations, Oct. 14, 2011.
- Women, War & Peace
10/11/2011 -- Join United Methodist Women members around the country in watching this important series that highlights the importance of women’s voices in conflict and the necessity of ending war if we are to ever live in the world of peace God intended for us.
- Women's Division Board Meeting Wrapup
10/11/2011 -- The Women’s Division board of directors approved the 2012 budget, received the criteria and application form for incoming national mission institutions that will be used to approve new partnerships, and approved a plan for a consultation with Native Ameri...
- Directors Celebrate Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee
10/10/2011 -- Women’s Division directors had a discussion the following evening with Abigail Disney, executive producer for “Women, War & Peace,” a five-part series on PBS, and producer of “Pray the Devil Back to Hell,” a documentary in which Leymah Gbowee is a central...
- Reflections of My Travels With Women's Division to Japan for the Ceremony of the 66th Anniversary of the Bombing of Hiroshima
09/21/2011 -- My 11-day trip to the other side of the world was an amazing time, from staying with my incredibly loving and hospitable host family, to having a giant sleepover at Jogakuin University with 40 of the nicest girls I’ve ever met, to attending the incredible...
- British Methodist Church Leaders Call for Political Progress 10 Years Since 9/11
09/08/2011 -- A decade on from the 9/11 attacks British Church leaders are calling for the Government to examine its use of military force in response to violent extremism.
- Speaking Out for Compassion and Against Hate
09/02/2011 -- So justice is driven back and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.
- Seeking Peace in Afghanistan
09/02/2011 -- For Afghans, the current war involving more than 100,000 foreign military troops is simply the latest in a long history of foreigners trying to impose by military might their own agenda in Afghanistan.
- Responsively Yours: Lessons from 9/11
09/01/2011 -- How does what we believe to be true affect what we can actually see taking place?
- Cordialmente Suya: Lo que aprendimos el 11 de septiembre
09/01/2011 -- ¿Sabía usted que el testimonio de testigos oculares es el que menos se utiliza como evidencia confiable? No sólo es porque quizás los seres humanos no estén diciendo la verdad, sino también porque “vemos lo que creemos”.
- Responsively Yours: Lessons from 9/11: Korean
09/01/2011 -- ...In an intrafaith conversation in May, I learned that American Muslims see a cataclysm affecting them personally — an act for which they had no responsibility and over which they had no control, but which would shape their lives and the lives of their c...
- Religion Communicators Call for Civil Discourse About 9/11
09/01/2011 -- The Religion Communicators Council urged journalists and bloggers to "pursue accuracy, respect and understanding of people of all faiths and faith communities." The statement is in a resolution adopted Aug. 7, 2011 in Philadelphia by the board of governor...
- Being in Struggle to be Human in Daily Life: A Reflection on 9/11
09/01/2011 -- Someone once said that we are what we remember. Our memories of 9/11 testify to the influence of those who lost their life and those who survived the calamitous disaster on our personal and national life.
- Right Relationships: Video and Study Guide
09/01/2011 -- The tragic events of September 11th traumatized the entire world. In its wake, interfaith dialogue was overshadowed by discrimination, media sensationalism, and a loss of respect for people of different faiths. The Christian community must help re-open th...
- Same Difference: Video
09/01/2011 -- An edited sample of the Same Difference documentary that explores interfaith issues.
- National Seminar, From a Participant's View
08/17/2011 -- Sophia Agtarap blogged from National Seminar 2011 on reconciliation.
- How do we transform the communities in which we live?
08/02/2011 -- The dean of Emory University’s Candler School of Theology talks about conflict transformation and how people can learn to live with conflict.
- Peaceful Remembrance of September 11, 2001: Forty Days of Prayer for Children
08/01/2011 -- Walk this journey with children who have no remembrance of September 11, 2001, but who will see images and hear stories of the devastating loss of that day in the weeks leading up to the 10th Anniversary. We may not be able to answer all of their question...
- In the Quest for Forgiveness and Reconciliation: A Challenge for Women in Kamina/DR Congo
07/27/2011 -- Used by permission: De Gruchy introduces the notion of reconciliation in the light of the South African experience of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, a body which promoted the rebirth of the South African nation.
- Disarming Might, Reconciling Enemies, Loving Resistance
07/08/2011 -- What lessons might we in churches learn about the task of reconciliation from these recent popular uprisings? Reconciliation takes place from the bottom up.
- Issumagijoujungnianermik: From the Eskimo - "not being able to think about it or remember it any more."
07/05/2011 -- Issumagijoujungnianermik is not a commonly used word. Its use imparts a special kind of forgiveness on the part of the speaker to the recipient. When this word is used, the offender is forgiven to the point in which the offended will never again bring u...
- The Peacemakers
06/20/2011 -- JustPeace Center equips the church to engage conflict head on with love
- Waging Peace with Prayer and Action
06/13/2011 -- During the summer months of Schools of Christian Mission until International Day of Peace on September 21, 2011, you are invited to participate in Prayers and Actions for Peace as an expression of reconciliation.
- Monitoring News Coverage of Religion in Mainstream News Media
06/13/2011 -- We are inviting you to monitor how mainstream media cover religion.
- Introduction to 'The Journey'
05/25/2011 -- Glory Dharmaraj introduces 'The Journey' web supplement.
- Same Difference: A Study Guide to Facilitate Interfaith Dialogue
05/24/2011 -- Called to Be Neighbors and Witnesses: Matthew 22:37–39; Truth-telling and Listening: Mark 14:17–18; Rehumanizing the Other: Matthew 22:38–39, Matthew 6:12; Called to the Ministry of Reconciliation: 2 Corinthians 5:16–20, Matthew 5:9
- Anne Gallagher's Forgiveness Story
05/23/2011 -- Listen to Anne Gallagher's story of forgiveness as a nurse in the midst of the English-Irish turmoil in Belfast, Ireland.
- Listen to "In Your Shoes" by Jenny Youngman
05/20/2011 -- MP3 audio companion piece to Forgiveness and Reconciliaton - the 2011 spiritual growth youth study.
- The Journey of Reconciliation
05/17/2011 -- What does the journey of reconciliation look like?
- The Importance of Grieving and Facing Our Fears in Journey of Reconciliation
05/17/2011 -- Why is grieving so important? Not grieving the trauma often pushes it deep in our psyche where we medicate it with, for example, drugs or alcohol.
- Mission Leaders Appeal for End to Violence against Christians in Pakistan
09/04/2009 -- New York, NY, September 4, 2009--Two top mission leaders of The United Methodist Church are appealing to the government of Pakistan to take measures to ensure the safety of a Christian minority under violent attack in some parts of the officially Islamic ...
- Mission Study on "Israel-Palestine" Is Consistent with United Methodist Policy
02/19/2008 -- A comprehensive 1996 statement on Christian-Jewish relations by The United Methodist Church's legislating General Conference strongly reiterated the denomination's opposition to all forms of anti-Semitism.i Four years later, the quadrennial General Confer...
Return to the original article.