We found 15 additional articles filed under bishops. They're listed below, most recent first.
- United Methodist Agencies Announce Task Force on Human Rights and Investment Ethics
04/16/2013 -- The General Board of Pension and Health Benefits (GBPHB) and the General Board of Global Ministries today announced the formation of a United Methodist Church (UMC) representative task force to explore human rights and investment ethics policies.
- United Methodist Women Hosts Public Forum on Peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
09/24/2012 -- “Raging War, Waging Peace—Achieving Justice in the Democratic Republic of the Congo” was co-sponsored by the General Board of Church and Society’s U.N. and International Affairs Office, Global Policy Forum, Mennonite Central Committee–U.N. Office, Presbyt...
- ID Laws that Prevent People from Voting in the November Election
08/30/2012 -- United Methodist Women are concerned about Pennsylvania and other states seeking to disenfranchise many voters by the new law that requires an identification card.
- Now For Something Completely Different
05/18/2012 -- I left Tampa on May 5 with hope bubbling up in my thoughts about possible structures for The United Methodist Church. Here’s what I saw.
- Tampa Event Geared to Immigrant Detention
04/18/2012 -- “Profit From Pain Is Inhumane! Dignity Not Detention” will be theme of a rally during General Conference 2012.
- Why is it Important to Reduce our Carbon Footprint?
03/16/2012 -- God has given humans responsibility for the care and keeping of the earth as God’s stewards. The Bible’s message, however, goes beyond just calling us to manage natural resources wisely.
- Reflecting on a Heroic Prophet: The Unfinished Work of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
01/12/2012 -- True heroes make us better by challenging our misplaced priorities, expanding our vision of a better world, and inspiring us to pursue the vision. Martin Luther King did that for a generation and contintues to inspire long after his death.
- The Peacemakers
06/20/2011 -- JustPeace Center equips the church to engage conflict head on with love
- Honoring God's Creation
04/20/2011 -- There are many ways you can honor the sacredness of Creation. You may already have plans for your UMW unit and congregation. If you do not, here are some ideas.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- ’I Want to Make a Difference in this World’
06/10/2010 -- Alexis Murphy shares her reflections on marching for immigrant, civil and human rights in a National Day of Action May 29.
- United Methodists Elect Bishop for Sierra Leone
12/22/2008 -- MONROVIA, Liberia (UMNS), December 22, 2008--The Rev. John K. Yambasu, 52, has been elected bishop of The United Methodist Church in Sierra Leone by delegates of the denomination's West Africa Central Conference.
- African United Methodists Elect Woman Bishop
07/23/2008 -- The Rev. Joaquina Filipe Nhanala was elected July 23, 2008, as the first female United Methodist bishop in Africa.
- United Methodist Bishop Visits Mission Institution in Fort Worth, Texas
04/25/2008 -- Fort Worth, Texas, April 25, 2008 -- As an all-church meeting continues in Fort Worth, Texas, one bishop took time on April 24 to attend another important gathering: snack time in the after-school program at United Community Centers, Inc., a local United ...
- Florise J. Newton: Mission Finance Chair and Prominent United Methodist Woman Dies at 65
11/13/2007 -- New York, NY, November 13, 2007 -- Florise M. Jackson Newton, 65, chair of the finance committee of the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries and a long-time national figure in United Methodist Women, died on November 12 at a hospital in New...
Return to the original article.