Fill The World With Love
Preparation: Have a copy of the scripture verse and enough prayer bookmarks for each officer. Be sure to get the name of each officer and the office to which they have been elected.
(Call those to be installed to the front by name and office; give each a bookmark with a prayer printed on it.)
Read Romans 12:1-8 and Matthew 17:1-5
Leader: (To the officers) You have begun to listen, or you would not be here. I challenge you
- to continue to listen, really listen to God;
- to search for and discover God's will for you;
- to discover your gifts and graces and have the courage to use them.
I challenge you as a mission team:
- to be sure that our Purpose comes alive for your women;
- that you enable them to grow spiritually and become whole persons through Jesus Christ;
- to be a creative, supportive fellowship;
- to expand their concepts of mission;
- to participant in the global ministries of the church.
As a team, be visionaries for your women and fill the world with love in many different and unique ways. If you will accept these challenges, please respond: "With God's leading, I will."
You have received a prayer bookmark to remind you to:
Study, search, pray, rely on God for strength, and to listen, really listen.
To the members of United Methodist Women I challenge you to:
- respond to your leaders,
- be committed to our Purpose in its entirety,
- be involved in mission, filling the world with love.
If you would accept these challenges, please response with "With God's leading, I will."
If there are women here today who are not members, we want you, we need you to join us in our Purpose, in filling the world with love. If there are any men here today, we also need you, your prayers and support as we work together with God.
Let us pray: Here we are, God, ready to work with you to fill the world with your love and joy. Inspire us as we plan programs, raise money, work with each other and invite others to join us. In the name of the one who came to bring us closer to you, Jesus the Christ. Amen.