We found 15 additional articles filed under books. They're listed below, most recent first.
- United Methodist Women launches e-book during global migrations event: available now at Amazon.com.
10/02/2013 -- This week, as a member of the host committee for the People’s Action on Global Migration, Development and Human Rights, United Methodist Women is co-conducting events that focus on women’s rights, global migration, human rights and more. UMW is especial...
- Seeking Fullness of Life: Biblical Meditations on Women and Migration From Women Around the Globe
09/30/2013 -- Link to Amazon.com: This Kindle e-book of biblical meditations about women and migration brings faith perspectives to the exploration of global migration and lifts up the voices and stories of women as they are impacted by migration. These voices include...
- La Travesía Hacia la Plenitud
08/02/2011 -- ¡Bienvenidas al nuevo Libro de Programa de 2011-2012, La travesía Hacia la Plenitud”!
- Truth-Telling and the Confrontation of the Other
05/17/2011 -- In telling the truth and confronting the other, boundaries of status are shattered, borders of exclusion are transcended, harms woven into the fabric of one anothers histories are acknowledged, crowds are fed, and those not typically seen and heard are he...
- The Importance of Grieving and Facing Our Fears in Journey of Reconciliation
05/17/2011 -- Why is grieving so important? Not grieving the trauma often pushes it deep in our psyche where we medicate it with, for example, drugs or alcohol.
- The Journey of Forgiveness, Rehumanizing the Other and the Choice to Forgive
05/17/2011 -- We look more closely at the importance of the other’s story, the one who has harmed, and the power of rehumanizing the other and the gift of forgiveness.
- Reconciled with God and our Neighbors
05/16/2011 -- We have reconciliation with Jesus Christ--we are right before God.
- Truth and Reconciliation
05/16/2011 -- Nelson Mandela organized the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which would be the organization to work systemically to heal the country after Apartheid and bring about a new future for South Africa.
- The United Methodist Church Seeks Forgiveness
05/16/2011 -- In 2005, the annual conferences of The United Methodist Church focused on confession and healing in the area of racism in the church.
- Bible Snapshots of Forgiveness
05/16/2011 -- Broken, forgiven, reconciled. This is the recurring theme throughout the stories of the Scriptures.
- "Walk with Wholeness" Available in June!
04/15/2011 -- Your United Methodist Women's group will want to be among the first to experience transformative faith, hope, love in action through "Walk with Wholeness"-- the all-new Program Book for 2011-2012.
- Family Roots
10/01/2010 -- Author Thomas DeWolf shares lessons from a life-changing journey into the history of his family, his country and the transatlantic slave trade in Inheriting the Trade, a 2011 United Methodist Women Reading Program book.
- Voices of Native American Women
09/07/2010 -- Read an excerpt of three topics highlighted from 'Voices of Native American Women,' a new resource from the Women's Division and now available at the Mission Resource Center.
- Reading Program Book List for 2011
09/02/2010 -- View and purchase the Reading Program book list for 2011 for all categories and languages.
- Resurrection Women Leader's and Participant's Manual Now Available
08/25/2010 -- Resurrection Women, a retreat for United Methodist Women, is now available for PDF download from the Mission Resource Center.
Return to the original article.