We found 13 additional articles filed under child advocacy. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Interviews with Women from "Voices from the Frontlines"
10/28/2010 -- United Methodist Women spoke to about what would make implementation of UNSCR 1325 effective and how women of faith can implement peace around the world.
- Women Call for Peace Resolution Implementation
10/28/2010 -- In “Voices from the Frontlines,” women from conflict areas around the world shared their experiences on why women need to be involved in decisions that define just and reconciliatory processes on every level.
- United Methodist Women Partner Fights Violence Against Women and Girls in Haiti
10/20/2010 -- Advocates and attorneys for displaced women in Haiti submitted a petition calling for urgent action to confront an epidemic of sexual violence in the camps for displaced people.
- Winthrop University Wesley Foundation Takes Human Trafficking Seminar
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is hosting a group of 15 students from Winthrop University Wesley Foundation in Rock Hill, S.C., for a two-day seminar on human trafficking.
- Electing Candidates Committed to Changing Lives for Women, Girls, and Families
10/07/2010 -- Use the Checklist as a tool to assess whether a candidate’s positions reflect values supporting initiatives for women, girls, and families.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- Wesley-Rankin Center Keeps Kids Stocked Up on School Supplies
09/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women-supported Wesley-Rankin Center in Dallas, Tx., helps kids go back to school with supplies, with help from a Women's Division grant for this program.
- From Iowa to Washington, D.C.
08/30/2010 -- Judy Kading shares how she puts “love in action” as Iowa United Methodist Women’s social action mission coordinator.
- Voices of Human Trafficking Team Members
08/30/2010 -- United Methodist Women members who participated in the Human Trafficking training session in Atlanta, Ga. in 2009 reflect on what they've accomplished and how they've changed a year later.
- Victory for Health Care
03/23/2010 -- Implementation of the Health Care Reform Act’s provisions will be staggered over coming years. Here are some of the key changes.
- After the Health Care Summit
03/05/2010 -- Let your lawmakers know that everyone should have health care!
- Church and Community Workers: 125 Years of Mission and Counting
10/01/2009 -- Gallant, Alabama, October 1, 2009--A year-long celebration will mark the 125th anniversary of a United Methodist missionary movement devoted to the ministry with the poor and marginalized in the United States.
- Love the One Next to Us, Peace Flourishes
03/25/2006 -- * Kelly Martini is communications director/information officer of the Women’s Division. This meditation is written to help United Methodist Women begin to prayerfully prepare themselves for the United Methodist Women’s Assembly, May 4-7 in Anaheim, Calif...
Return to the original article.