We found 27 additional articles filed under health. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Responsively Yours: A Healthy Meeting Challenge - Korean Text
03/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours in Korean
- A Healthy Meeting Challenge -Listen in Korean
03/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours: A Healthy Meeting Challenge - Korean Audio. March 2011
- Toward the Peaceful Kingdom: A Faith Walk
12/02/2010 -- Kindness matters for creating spaces for a peaceable kingdom to take root in our hearts, in our work places and in our communities.
- Hope in the Midst of Struggle
12/02/2010 -- Let us focus on one group of people that needs special help during this happy period of Advent: the aged.
- Lord, If You Choose, You Can: An Advent Sermon for World AIDS Day
12/01/2010 -- Rev. Wilson shares a theological perspective on the issue of HIV/AIDS.
- Women, Health and Safety
11/17/2010 -- Urge your congressional representative to support and co-sponsor H.R. 5268, the Global Maternal and Newborn Health Outcomes while Maximizing Successes (MOMS) Act.
- Women’s Division Consents to Sibley Hospital Affiliation
11/12/2010 -- The Women's Division Board of Directors voted to approve the affiliation of Sibley Memorial Hospital with Johns Hopkins Health Services, effective November 1.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- Pakistan Flood Update from Women's Division Partners
09/10/2010 -- Faith and funding partners of United Methodist Women in Pakistan report that recent flooding in Pakistan has hit the poorest of the poor and has further deepened poverty among those living at the lowest economic level.
- The Experience Hall of Assembly
05/02/2010 -- Assembly’s Experience Hall offers participants an opportunity to learn about justice issues – and be entertained.
- Joycelyn Elders Leads Town Hall on Health Care Reform
05/02/2010 -- Dr. Joycelyn Elders encourages women to create a consensus that health care for all is not only necessary but possible.
- Women's Division President: 'Ask What You Can Do for Mission'
04/14/2010 -- In the wake of major earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, and continued suffering of immigrants, Women’s Division President Inelda Z. González urged United Methodist Women members to redouble their outreach to neighbors in need in her address to directors at t...
- Maryland Women Journey with Navajo Widows
04/13/2010 -- When a group of Navajo Native Americans from New Mexico needed a ride to the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., Maryland United Methodist Women not only gave them a lift, but also joined them on a historic journey in search of justice.
- Victory for Health Care
03/23/2010 -- Implementation of the Health Care Reform Act’s provisions will be staggered over coming years. Here are some of the key changes.
- After the Health Care Summit
03/05/2010 -- Let your lawmakers know that everyone should have health care!
- Ecumenical Women Worship, Prepare for 54th U.N. Commission on Status of Women
03/02/2010 -- Ecumenical Women at the United Nations gathered in the Church Center for the United Nations Feb. 27 to worship and prepare for the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
02/17/2010 -- Wear a pedometer, get sponsors, and count your steps at Assembly 2010.
- A Response to the United States Health Care Reform Legislation
01/07/2010 -- Recent legislation passed by both houses of Congress put forth attempts at broadening access to health insurance, but both bills are troublesome in the way they address the most vulnerable among us.
- Division Directors Rally for Health Care, Act for Justice
10/11/2009 -- Passing cars honked approval as more than 50 Women’s Division directors, staff and guests rallied in support of health care for all at a noontime vigil outside the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, Conn., Oct. 10.
- Marilyn Clement
08/10/2009 -- Marilyn Clement passed away Monday, August 3, 2009, after a long fight with multiple myeloma. She was 74.
- West Africa Women Meet to Explore Being Better Together in Christ
06/03/2009 -- This impromptu composition by missionary Catherine Akale became the unofficial theme song of this first gathering of leaders from United Methodist women's organizations within the West Africa Central Conference. The participants gathered in Monrovia, Libe...
- Women's Division Head Calls Hope Key to Future
04/27/2009 -- Hope is what the world needs, what United Methodist Women offers and what will drive the organization into a vibrant future in Christ’s mission, Women’s Division chief officer Harriett Jane Olson told division directors meeting in Stamford, Conn., April 2...
- Potential Deaconesses Gather in New York for Discernment Event
05/30/2008 -- Despite airline delays, 17 out of 18 potential deaconesses attended the New York City Discernment Event from April 11 to 13, 2008, sponsored by the General Board of Global Ministries. In Christian lingo, "to discern" means to listen to God's call or spiri...
- United Methodist Bishop Visits Mission Institution in Fort Worth, Texas
04/25/2008 -- Fort Worth, Texas, April 25, 2008 -- As an all-church meeting continues in Fort Worth, Texas, one bishop took time on April 24 to attend another important gathering: snack time in the after-school program at United Community Centers, Inc., a local United ...
- Love and Faith Make for Healing and Praise
03/25/2006 -- Love and Faith Make for Healing and Praise
- Love the One Next to Us, Peace Flourishes
03/25/2006 -- * Kelly Martini is communications director/information officer of the Women’s Division. This meditation is written to help United Methodist Women begin to prayerfully prepare themselves for the United Methodist Women’s Assembly, May 4-7 in Anaheim, Calif...
- Reading, Writing and Raspberries: Food and Nutrition in U.S. Schools
07/20/2005 -- Every day, more than 26 million children in over 99,000 public and non-profit private schools across the country eat lunches subsidized by the National School Lunch Program.1 Good nutrition promotes education because children learned better when they ate...
Return to the original article.