We found 13 additional articles filed under adults. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Hope in the Midst of Struggle
12/02/2010 -- Let us focus on one group of people that needs special help during this happy period of Advent: the aged.
- Apply for the College Women's Seminar on Women and Migration
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is seeking applications from college and university women for a week long seminar Jan. 3-9, 2011 to be held in New York City.
- Electing Candidates Committed to Changing Lives for Women, Girls, and Families
10/07/2010 -- Use the Checklist as a tool to assess whether a candidate’s positions reflect values supporting initiatives for women, girls, and families.
- Reading Program Book List for 2011
09/02/2010 -- View and purchase the Reading Program book list for 2011 for all categories and languages.
- Wesley-Rankin Center Keeps Kids Stocked Up on School Supplies
09/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women-supported Wesley-Rankin Center in Dallas, Tx., helps kids go back to school with supplies, with help from a Women's Division grant for this program.
- ’I Want to Make a Difference in this World’
06/10/2010 -- Alexis Murphy shares her reflections on marching for immigrant, civil and human rights in a National Day of Action May 29.
- Protect Teens from Dating Violence
05/05/2010 -- In March, the House of Representatives passed House Resolution 1081, to affirm its support for awareness and prevention of teen dating violence.
- The Millennial Generation
05/02/2010 -- The Millennial Generation -- 18 to 29 year olds -- are often discounted as being apathetic, self-indulgent and hostile to civic institutions, but that couldn’t be further from the truth, said Judy Woodruff and Erica Williams in their onstage dialog at Un...
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- In the Midst of Transition, Women’s Division Head Looks Forward
10/10/2009 -- Harriett J. Olson, Deputy General Secretary for the Women’s Division, offered an optimistic report to the board of directors for their semi-annual board meeting.
- United Methodists Elect Bishop for Sierra Leone
12/22/2008 -- MONROVIA, Liberia (UMNS), December 22, 2008--The Rev. John K. Yambasu, 52, has been elected bishop of The United Methodist Church in Sierra Leone by delegates of the denomination's West Africa Central Conference.
- Retired United Methodist Missionary, Josephine Beckwith, Dies at 100
06/24/2008 -- Josephine Beckwith, 100, served the church for 32 years as a Home Missionary, but didn't define her work as a calling.
- Potential Deaconesses Gather in New York for Discernment Event
05/30/2008 -- Despite airline delays, 17 out of 18 potential deaconesses attended the New York City Discernment Event from April 11 to 13, 2008, sponsored by the General Board of Global Ministries. In Christian lingo, "to discern" means to listen to God's call or spiri...
Return to the original article.