We found 20 additional articles filed under Lent. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Palm Sunday: Hospitality and The Holy City
03/26/2010 -- The celebration, music and excitement of Palm Sunday lead us into Holy Week and offer time for reflection on hospitality.
- God is Making All Things New
03/19/2010 -- Bishop Hope Morgan Ward shares a story on scripture in a meditation for the Fifth Sunday in Lent.
- What is it to be an Ambassador of God Today?
03/12/2010 -- A Lenten reflection for the Fourth Sunday in Lent shares how God puts us to use for mission.
- Second Sunday in Lent : February 28th, 2010
03/01/2010 -- The Philippians struggled with a problem we also face every day: how to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in a world that is upside-down and often hostile to our mission and our convictions.
- Sojourner, Story and the Savior
02/19/2010 -- A reflection for the First Sunday in Lent, Feb. 21, discussing what true worship is.
- Sin, Sackcloth, and the Spirit: Ash Wednesday Reflection
02/16/2010 -- The Lenten journey, which starts on Ash Wednesday signals a lengthened time set apart for spiritual health practices in the days to come.
- What’s So Good About Good Friday?
04/07/2009 -- How do you observe or “celebrate” Good Friday? What makes it a “good” day?
- Repetition is Good
04/03/2009 -- Yearly, Christians celebrate the seasons of Christmas and Easter. There are some things we need to repeat, like the Christian year, and the repetition is good.
- A New Covenant, a New Community
03/27/2009 -- This Lent my heart has grown “strangely warmed” as I think about United Methodist women across the country building a new community through their loving acts of mercy and justice.
- Fourth Sunday in Lent: The Meaning of Grace
03/20/2009 -- By God’s grace I am well loved and cared and I am recovered and claim myself, “I am your precious daughter, O Lord!” What a great gift this is!
- Third Week in Lent: Let My Life Be Acceptable to You, Oh Lord
03/12/2009 -- In this third week of Lent we are blessed by The Word that comes from different times, different lives and different histories giving passionate testimony to the greatness and power of God.
- Taking Up My Cross: A Lenten Reflection
03/05/2009 -- My cross is to carve out a space to redefine what it means to be free on earth as it is in heaven.
- Rainbows & Papayas: A Lenten Reflection
02/25/2009 -- "Where is God?” was a question many people asked as Hurricane Mitch pounded Honduras in 1998. The women unanimously answered, “God was with us during the storm.”
- Pilgrimages for Peace: A Lenten Reflection for Ash Wednesday
02/25/2009 -- This Ash Wednesday, as I remember Nicaraguan ministry of presence in the dusty places of Nicaragua, I realize that their trips were Lenten pilgrimages.
- A Rendezvous with God Part 1: Women Putting Out Clay Jars
09/10/2008 -- Wise women know when to keep their jars empty for the falling dew from heaven to fill them.
- A Rendezvous with God Part 2: Turning Our Hearts Inward
09/10/2008 -- Ash Wednesday is a call to empty ourselves and put our hearts out for the falling dew of God’s renewal.
- Second Week of Lent: Meeting Jesus at Night
08/21/2008 -- Many theologians and even Jesus, himself have said that the God of love and grace, justice and community is found in the margins, in the darkness.
- Fourth Week of Lent: “Where He Leads, I Will Follow”
08/21/2008 -- Sometimes the obvious is really not so obvious, and what we want to hear or see may not be what is best for the future.
- Fifth Week of Lent: Tell Them They Can Live Again
08/21/2008 -- Young people today are looking death squarely in the face. At no other time in history have young people been so vulnerable to criminal activity, incarceration, sexual abuse, homicide, suicide, unemployment, poverty, lack of health care and homelessness.
- Sixth Week of Lent: Encounter Between Two Kingdoms
08/21/2008 -- It was Good Friday. In the wee hours of the day, Jesus stood on trial before Pilate, the Roman governor.
Return to the original article.