Red Bird Mission: Director of Finance
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs the organization's financial planning, financial activities, and accounting practices, as well as, its relationship with the financial community by performing the essential financial and accounting functions including, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Serve as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization.
- Develop procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Delegate authority for receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Develop policies and procedures for account collections and extension of credit to customers.
- Ensure that all funds received and expended by the organization are used in accordance with the wishes of donors and the Board of Directors.
- Appraise the organization's financial position and prepares reports which summarize and forecast activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, budget requirements, and cash flow based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Present reports to supervisory staff, Executive Director, Finance Committee, Board of Directors, Conference Finance and Administration Committee, and others as required.
- Oversee the preparation of all payrolls and ensures the accuracy of payroll records and reports.
- Direct and coordinates the establishment of budget programs and directs their preparation.
- Establish depreciation methods and rates to apply to capital assets. Maintain records of capital asset procurement, disposal, and depreciation.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property loses and potential liabilities.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the corporation's Annual Report.
- Serve as the primary interface with outside investment advisors for the Endowment Funds and in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Directors President, make Endowment Fund investment decisions.
- Purchase and maintains the supply inventory.
- Monitor status of wills benefiting the organization and maintains records of proceeds from bequests.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies
- Arrange for audits of organization’s financial records.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field.
- Five years experience in accounting and financial management.
- Strong understanding of management and cost accounting practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- CPA certification helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church financial support system is recommended.
- Experience with computerized accounting procedures and Excel spread sheets required.
- Familiarity with basic computer applications required (MS Ecel, Word, Access, etc.).
- Must be passionate about the financial field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current driver’s license.
On-campus housing provided (or housing stipend in lieu of accepting Mission housing). E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Red Bird Mission
Human Resources Dept.
70 Queendale Center
Beverly, KY 40913-9607