Red Bird Mission: Teacher(s)/Volunteer
Red Bird Mission School is looking for recently retired or otherwise available teachers who have a heart for missions and for the children of the Appalachian Mountains who would love to share their talents and abilities in the service of Jesus Christ.
Volunteers would be responsible for subjects in their specialty area and/or subjects needed by the Red Bird Mission School.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action, the school%u2019s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, school policy and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for extra-curricular and co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
Contact Director of Human Resources for more details.
Submit a resume for any of the above positions to:
70 Queendale Center
Beverly, KY 40913-9607
p (606) 598-3155