Red Bird Mission: Dentist
- Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums, and related oral structures by performing the following duties.
- Examines patient to determine nature of condition.
- Cleans teeth and provides preventive dental services to patient such as applications of fluoride and sealants to teeth.
- Caps injured teeth and fills cavities.
- Places braces on teeth to straighten or align them.
- Injects painkiller into patient's gum and extracts diseased teeth.
- Designs and makes dentures to replace missing or diseased teeth.
- Educates patient in oral and dental hygiene.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
Directly supervises 3 to 5 employees in the Dental Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Submit a resume for this position to:
70 Queendale Center
Beverly, KY 40913-9607
p (606) 598-3155