We found 14 additional articles filed under advocacy events. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Intercept Human Trafficking
12/07/2010 -- Super Bowl XLV will be held Sunday February 6, 2011, in Dallas, Texas. While the country celebrates this unofficial holiday, United Methodist Women and Mosaic Family Services in North Texas will be working to combat human trafficking.
- International Climate Talks On In Mexico
12/03/2010 -- This year’s high-level United Nations climate meeting, the Conference of Parties, has begun in Cancun, Mexico, with an estimated 200 nations sending representatives. United Methodist Women partners are currently there.
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Become a JFON Advocate!
10/12/2010 -- Join us during 10-Fold to learn about a vital United Methodist Ministry to immigrants, Justice For Our Neighbors.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- Results of the 2010 Global Media Monitoring
09/10/2010 -- On November 10, 2009, volunteers from 108 countries, including United Methodist Women members, monitored the portrayal of women in the media. These are some conclusions from the Global Media Monitoring final report.
- From Iowa to Washington, D.C.
08/30/2010 -- Judy Kading shares how she puts “love in action” as Iowa United Methodist Women’s social action mission coordinator.
- Voices of Human Trafficking Team Members
08/30/2010 -- United Methodist Women members who participated in the Human Trafficking training session in Atlanta, Ga. in 2009 reflect on what they've accomplished and how they've changed a year later.
- United Methodist Women-Supported Crossroads Urban Center Sponsors Forum on Poverty in Utah
08/24/2010 -- Several homeless Utahns spoke Saturday at the annual People’s Summit on Poverty, designed to bring together those living in poverty and those looking to take action.
- Domestic Violence Printable Handout (PDF)
07/27/2010 -- Print this handout for distribution at events on building awareness on domestic violence. Also includes survey and program evaluation form.
- United Methodist Women, Local Advocacy Groups Gather in St. Louis May 1 to Call for Immigrant, Civil and Human Rights
04/21/2010 -- On Saturday, May 1, 2010, thousands of United Methodist Women, in St. Louis for their Quadrennial Assembly, and key St. Louis community groups will march and participate in a public faith-based vigil for immigrant, civil and human rights.
- Organize a Public Witness for Immigrant Rights on May 1
04/06/2010 -- We are inviting all United Methodist Women to organize local public witness events for immigrant rights in your communities on May 1. These events will link to a faith-based march and vigil for immigrant rights at Assembly 2010 in St. Louis.
- United Methodist Women Joins 200,000 on National Mall for Just Immigration Policies
03/25/2010 -- United Methodist Women members joined other United Methodists and 200,000 others calling for just reform of immigration policies in "March for America" in Washington, D.C., March 21.
- United Methodist Women Stands in Solidarity for Immigrant Rights
10/20/2008 -- United Methodist Women stood in solidarity for immigrant rights on two occasions last week, as the organization’s Immigrant Rights/Civil Rights Initiative took steps to support this issue.
Return to the original article.