We found 13 additional articles filed under Washington, DC. They're listed below, most recent first.
- United Methodist Women Honored for Anti-Hate Campaign
04/08/2013 -- The Muslim Consultative Network honored United Methodist Women, Sojourners and T’ruah for “standing against anti-Muslim bigotry” at their Third Annual Gala on April 4 in New York.
- United Methodist Women Unveils D.C. Anti-Hate Ad: VIDEO
10/22/2012 -- Watch Sabrina White of the Baltimore-Washington Conference speak up for peace and against Hate Speech. Support peace in word and deed. #mysubwayad
- United Methodist Women Unveils D.C. Anti-Hate Ad
10/16/2012 -- On Monday October 15, standing shoulder to shoulder with members from Jewish, Muslim and other Protestant faith communities, representatives of United Methodist Women responded to anti-Islamic ads now appearing in metro stations in Washington, D.C.
- Faith groups demand Metro donate ‘jihad’ ad profits to charity
10/15/2012 -- Speaking at an Oct. 15 news conference, Sabrina White said the initial ad cuts deeply with its language. “The word ‘savage’ has a painful history in our great nation,’’ she said. “... It is used to distance people from the human race.”
- United Methodist Women Takes New York Subway Ad to Washington Metro
10/11/2012 -- Following their ads posted in the New York City subway challenging hate speech, United Methodist Women will co-sponsor more counter ads, this time in Washington, DC’s Metro stations, with 23 other faith organizations.
- United Methodists Join Tar Sands Action for Environmental Justice
11/09/2011 -- United Methodists converged on the White House on Sunday, November 6, 2011, with over 10,000 others to press President Obama to block construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- United Methodist Women Joins Tar Sands Action at White House
10/28/2011 -- United Methodist Women will join with other organizations November 6th in Washington, D.C., at 2 p.m. for one hour in an action against the proposed transcontinental Keystone XL tar sands pipeline projects intended to ship oil from Canada to the United St...
- Responsively Yours: Listening for God in Christian Conferencing
02/01/2011 -- In Christian conferencing we practice a discipline of listening to God through worship, Bible study and listening to each other in deep conversations and sometimes debate.
- Women’s Division Consents to Sibley Hospital Affiliation
11/12/2010 -- The Women's Division Board of Directors voted to approve the affiliation of Sibley Memorial Hospital with Johns Hopkins Health Services, effective November 1.
- Maryland Women Journey with Navajo Widows
04/13/2010 -- When a group of Navajo Native Americans from New Mexico needed a ride to the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., Maryland United Methodist Women not only gave them a lift, but also joined them on a historic journey in search of justice.
- United Methodist Women Joins 200,000 on National Mall for Just Immigration Policies
03/25/2010 -- United Methodist Women members joined other United Methodists and 200,000 others calling for just reform of immigration policies in "March for America" in Washington, D.C., March 21.
- Join Thousands Calling for Just Immigration Reform
02/22/2010 -- An historic March for America for Immigration Reform will take place Sunday, Mar. 21 in Washington, DC, rallying for just immigration reform.
- United Methodists Join in Call for Justice, Comprehensive Immigration Reform
02/12/2009 -- Washington, DC, February 12, 2009--Faith communities in the United States are being called to pray and work for a just and comprehensive reform of what were described as broken immigration laws.
Return to the original article.