We found 18 additional articles filed under Washington, DC. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Combating Climate Change: President Obama's Proposal for Sustainability
10/17/2013 -- It can generally be said that the planet earth and its natural resources are gifts shared by all of humanity. However, it is no secret that decades of human reliance on fossil fuels and other non-sustainable methods of energy consumption have taken a toll...
- Continuing the Fight for Racial Justice and Civil Rights!
09/04/2013 -- As part of United Methodist Women’s ongoing work for racial justice and to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington, we are encouraging all people of conscience to continue the legacy of the marchers to agitate for racial justice i...
- United Methodist Women Upholds Tradition of Racial Justice at 50th Anniversary March on Washington and Beyond
09/04/2013 -- From August 21-28, 2013, thousands of people traveled to Washington, D.C. to experience the legacy of the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
- Second Time Around
08/14/2013 -- Less than 1 percent of the clothing Americans donate to charities actually ever gets to a person in need. That barely worn winter coat and the jeans with the stain given to charity are more likely to be sold to a recycling firm than given to a low-income ...
- Frequently Asked Questions
05/29/2013 -- United Methodist Women is a faith-based membership organization of laywomen within The United Methodist Church. We are organized for mission and our members are committed to growing as disciples of Jesus Christ in community with other women and building ...
- United Methodist Women Honored for Anti-Hate Campaign
04/08/2013 -- The Muslim Consultative Network honored United Methodist Women, Sojourners and T’ruah for “standing against anti-Muslim bigotry” at their Third Annual Gala on April 4 in New York.
- United Methodist Women Unveils D.C. Anti-Hate Ad: VIDEO
10/22/2012 -- Watch Sabrina White of the Baltimore-Washington Conference speak up for peace and against Hate Speech. Support peace in word and deed. #mysubwayad
- United Methodist Women Unveils D.C. Anti-Hate Ad
10/16/2012 -- On Monday October 15, standing shoulder to shoulder with members from Jewish, Muslim and other Protestant faith communities, representatives of United Methodist Women responded to anti-Islamic ads now appearing in metro stations in Washington, D.C.
- Faith groups demand Metro donate ‘jihad’ ad profits to charity
10/15/2012 -- Speaking at an Oct. 15 news conference, Sabrina White said the initial ad cuts deeply with its language. “The word ‘savage’ has a painful history in our great nation,’’ she said. “... It is used to distance people from the human race.”
- United Methodist Women Takes New York Subway Ad to Washington Metro
10/11/2012 -- Following their ads posted in the New York City subway challenging hate speech, United Methodist Women will co-sponsor more counter ads, this time in Washington, DC’s Metro stations, with 23 other faith organizations.
- United Methodists Join Tar Sands Action for Environmental Justice
11/09/2011 -- United Methodists converged on the White House on Sunday, November 6, 2011, with over 10,000 others to press President Obama to block construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- United Methodist Women Joins Tar Sands Action at White House
10/28/2011 -- United Methodist Women will join with other organizations November 6th in Washington, D.C., at 2 p.m. for one hour in an action against the proposed transcontinental Keystone XL tar sands pipeline projects intended to ship oil from Canada to the United St...
- Responsively Yours: Listening for God in Christian Conferencing
02/01/2011 -- In Christian conferencing we practice a discipline of listening to God through worship, Bible study and listening to each other in deep conversations and sometimes debate.
- Women’s Division Consents to Sibley Hospital Affiliation
11/12/2010 -- The Women's Division Board of Directors voted to approve the affiliation of Sibley Memorial Hospital with Johns Hopkins Health Services, effective November 1.
- Maryland Women Journey with Navajo Widows
04/13/2010 -- When a group of Navajo Native Americans from New Mexico needed a ride to the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., Maryland United Methodist Women not only gave them a lift, but also joined them on a historic journey in search of justice.
- United Methodist Women Joins 200,000 on National Mall for Just Immigration Policies
03/25/2010 -- United Methodist Women members joined other United Methodists and 200,000 others calling for just reform of immigration policies in "March for America" in Washington, D.C., March 21.
- Join Thousands Calling for Just Immigration Reform
02/22/2010 -- An historic March for America for Immigration Reform will take place Sunday, Mar. 21 in Washington, DC, rallying for just immigration reform.
- United Methodists Join in Call for Justice, Comprehensive Immigration Reform
02/12/2009 -- Washington, DC, February 12, 2009--Faith communities in the United States are being called to pray and work for a just and comprehensive reform of what were described as broken immigration laws.
Return to the original article.