We found 23 additional articles filed under City. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Responsively Yours: Lessons from 9/11: Korean
09/01/2011 -- ...In an intrafaith conversation in May, I learned that American Muslims see a cataclysm affecting them personally — an act for which they had no responsibility and over which they had no control, but which would shape their lives and the lives of their c...
- Harriett Olson Speaks on Women, Peace and Security
10/26/2010 -- Women’s Division head Harriett Olson spoke on the importance of women’s involvement in peace and security issues for an event on implementing United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on Women, Peace and Security.
- Apply for the College Women's Seminar on Women and Migration
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is seeking applications from college and university women for a week long seminar Jan. 3-9, 2011 to be held in New York City.
- Women as Peacemakers, Women as Decision Makers
10/12/2010 -- From Oct. 18-29, the United Nations and women’s and civil society organizations will celebrate 10 years of UNSCR 1325.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- International Day of Peace Event
09/20/2010 -- On the International Day of Peace, September 21, at 2:00 p.m., the Tillman Chapel at the Church Center for the United Nations will be the place of fusion and fission. We come together, we find one another and we inspire one another to be bolder peacemaker...
- My Work With Imam Feisal Rauf and Daisy Khan
09/15/2010 -- As I listen to the debate about the proposed Cordoba House community center at 51 Park Place in Manhattan, I find it painful to see two highly regarded interfaith leaders dragged through the mud by news commentators and politicians who don’t really know t...
- The Hypocenter as Peacemaking
09/15/2010 -- On September 21, 2010, the International Day of Peace will be observed at the Church Center for the United Nation’s Chapel, with an event entitled “The hypocenter as peacemaking.”
- For the Living of These Days
09/09/2010 -- This September is the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. We still have not gotten over the raw woundedness of the painful tragedy inflicted on our nation.
- Hiroshima ‘Hibaku’ Survivor Piano to Be at Tillman Chapel
09/07/2010 -- The Women’s Division of the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries welcomes a Global Harmony Peace concert featuring the Hibaku “Survivor” Piano September 13, 2010, at 6 p.m. in the Tillman Chapel of the Church Center for the United Nations.
- United Methodist Women-Supported Crossroads Urban Center Sponsors Forum on Poverty in Utah
08/24/2010 -- Several homeless Utahns spoke Saturday at the annual People’s Summit on Poverty, designed to bring together those living in poverty and those looking to take action.
- "Interesting Times" Are an Opportunity, Says Women's Division Top Executive
04/12/2010 -- Changes in the church, the world and United Methodist Women set the stage for "interesting times," said Women's Division Deputy General Secretary Harriett Jane Olson addressing division directors gathered for their semi-annual meeting April 8-12 in New Yo...
- Treasurer Challenges Directors to Tell Mission Giving Story
04/09/2010 -- We are living in a new economic reality, Women's Division treasurer Martha Knight told directors at the semi-annual board meeting at the Church Center for the United Nations, April 9. Yet, "In the midst of economic challenge unseen in recent times, once a...
- Palm Sunday: Hospitality and The Holy City
03/26/2010 -- The celebration, music and excitement of Palm Sunday lead us into Holy Week and offer time for reflection on hospitality.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- Gender, Race, Class Focus of Event on Global Status of Women
03/12/2010 -- The workshop is part of a series of events convened parallel to the United Nations 54th Commission on the Status of Women, in New York City, March 1-12.
- United Methodist Women Forum Promotes Migrant Women’s Rights
03/08/2010 -- Migrant women’s vulnerability to exploitation and need for international protections dominated a forum convened as a parallel event to the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- Ecumenical Women Worship, Prepare for 54th U.N. Commission on Status of Women
03/02/2010 -- Ecumenical Women at the United Nations gathered in the Church Center for the United Nations Feb. 27 to worship and prepare for the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- United Methodist Women Attending U.N. Commission on Women
02/25/2010 -- The annual United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) meets in New York City Mar. 1-12, commemorating the 15th Anniversary of the 1995 Beijing Platform for Action.
- A Speech on the Subway
10/22/2009 -- A reflection on an experience on the New York subway and the United Nation’s new agency for women, celebrating United Nations Day, Oct. 24.
- Mission Leaders Appeal for End to Violence against Christians in Pakistan
09/04/2009 -- New York, NY, September 4, 2009--Two top mission leaders of The United Methodist Church are appealing to the government of Pakistan to take measures to ensure the safety of a Christian minority under violent attack in some parts of the officially Islamic ...
- Lois Dauway to Lead Process of Unifying Program Units at Mission Agency
05/28/2009 -- New York, NY, May 28, 2009--A seasoned church leader is being tapped to lead the process that will unify five program units of the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries into a single mission operation.
- Potential Deaconesses Gather in New York for Discernment Event
05/30/2008 -- Despite airline delays, 17 out of 18 potential deaconesses attended the New York City Discernment Event from April 11 to 13, 2008, sponsored by the General Board of Global Ministries. In Christian lingo, "to discern" means to listen to God's call or spiri...
Return to the original article.