We found 20 additional articles filed under Labor. They're listed below, most recent first.
- United Methodist Women launches e-book during global migrations event: available now at Amazon.com.
10/02/2013 -- This week, as a member of the host committee for the People’s Action on Global Migration, Development and Human Rights, United Methodist Women is co-conducting events that focus on women’s rights, global migration, human rights and more. UMW is especial...
- Stories of Peacemakers: Haiti
09/16/2013 -- There is a growing social movement that demands the respect of children’s rights in Haiti, which includes a focus on stopping the practice of enslaving children (restavec), as reported by Beyond Borders, an organization working to develop child protection...
- Hershey's Fair Trade
11/01/2012 -- United Methodist voices help persuade chocolate company to address child labor.
- Responsively Yours: Learning to Choose
09/01/2012 -- We have choices about how we interpret what goes on in the world around us and how we respond.
- United Methodist Women Joins World Day Against Child Labor
06/01/2012 -- During the week of June 11, 2012, United Methodist Women will join children’s advocates around the world, lifting up concerns about the exploitation of children on the World Day Against Child Labor.
- Women's Division Statement to the Fifty-sixth Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
01/24/2012 -- Statement submitted by The United Methodist Church General Board of Global Ministries, Women’s Division, a nongovernmental organization in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council to the Fifty-sixth session of the Commission on the Stat...
- Human Trafficking Awareness Day: How Many Modern Day Slaves are Supporting You?
01/09/2012 -- Human trafficking is the second largest criminal industry in the world after drug trade. Financial bondage and violent intimidation are mechanisms used by traffickers to enslave women and children.
- Responsively Yours: Traditions in Chocolate and Justice
12/01/2011 -- Sweeten this holiday by sending a message to Hershey's to let the company know that you care about exploitation of workers.
- Cordialmente Suya: El Chocolate y la Justicia
12/01/2011 -- Para muchas de nosotras, el chocolate, las galletas y otros dulces son golosinas básicas durante la temporada de Navidad.
- Rural Women Panels Raise Issues on Food Security, Violence Against Women
11/01/2011 -- In observance of International Day of Rural Women and World Food Day, United Methodist Women co-organized two panel discussions highlighting issues important to rural women around the world at the Church Center for the United Nations, Oct. 14, 2011.
- United Methodist Women News: Volume 4, Number 3 (PDF)
10/06/2011 -- Fall 2011 articles include: Others See Your Good Works and Give Glory to God, Joanna Girls: A Teen United Methodist Women Circle in Tennessee, Start Small and Grow, Deaconess Applicants Rally in Times Square for Fair Trade, United Methodist Women Sunday ...
- Support S596 to Stop Human Trafficking
05/02/2011 -- The Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Deterrence and Victim Support Act is a pathway to freedom for victims of human trafficking.
- This Mother’s Day, Say No to Dirty Gold
04/29/2011 -- Be ethical consumers this Mother’s Day.
- Church Agencies Battle Human Trafficking
03/31/2011 -- When Maria, an Armenian citizen, ended up in Dubai, she resisted attempts by her traffickers to force her into prostitution.
- A Happy Valentine's Day for All
02/13/2011 -- This Valentine's Day, consider the real price of your flowers and chocolate and buy fair trade.
- Human Trafficking Fact Sheet
01/10/2011 -- Answers to your frequently asked questions about human trafficking.
- Using Your Consumer Power to Eradicate Human Trafficking
01/07/2011 -- The Supply Chain Transparency Act (SB 657) was signed into law September 30, 2010, in California, requiring large retailers and manufacturers in California to report publicly their steps (or lack thereof) to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from th...
- Stop Human Trafficking
08/30/2010 -- One year ago this month, United Methodist Women embarked on a mission of learning, sharing, and policy action on the issue of human trafficking.
- From Iowa to Washington, D.C.
08/30/2010 -- Judy Kading shares how she puts “love in action” as Iowa United Methodist Women’s social action mission coordinator.
- Voices of Human Trafficking Team Members
08/30/2010 -- United Methodist Women members who participated in the Human Trafficking training session in Atlanta, Ga. in 2009 reflect on what they've accomplished and how they've changed a year later.
Return to the original article.