We found 34 additional articles filed under Education. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Ministry with the Poor: Creating the Beloved Community (PDF)
06/27/2013 -- This 5-page supplement to the 2012-2013 Poverty mission study is a free download from umwmissionresources.org.
- Responsively Yours: A Healthy Meeting Challenge - Korean Text
03/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours in Korean
- The Theology of Mission
11/29/2010 -- Regional Missionary Dr. Catherine Mudime Akale led a bible study at United Methodist Women's Leadership Training Event, Nov. 21, 2010 in St. Louis, Mo.
- Women, Health and Safety
11/17/2010 -- Urge your congressional representative to support and co-sponsor H.R. 5268, the Global Maternal and Newborn Health Outcomes while Maximizing Successes (MOMS) Act.
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Interviews with Women from "Voices from the Frontlines"
10/28/2010 -- United Methodist Women spoke to about what would make implementation of UNSCR 1325 effective and how women of faith can implement peace around the world.
- United Methodist Women Honored at UMAC
10/27/2010 -- United Methodist Women received awards at the annual meeting of the United Methodist Association of Communicators.
- Living the Purpose
10/20/2010 -- Operation Hope members now have every reason to sing, celebrate and praise God all the day long. United Methodist Women members live the purpose of United Methodist Women by creating a supportive fellowship with members of Operation Hope.
- Apply for the College Women's Seminar on Women and Migration
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is seeking applications from college and university women for a week long seminar Jan. 3-9, 2011 to be held in New York City.
- Winthrop University Wesley Foundation Takes Human Trafficking Seminar
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is hosting a group of 15 students from Winthrop University Wesley Foundation in Rock Hill, S.C., for a two-day seminar on human trafficking.
- Sally L. Vonner Elected to Women's Division AGS Position, and Other Approvals
10/13/2010 -- At their Annual board meeting, Oct. 7-11 in Stamford, Conn., the Women’s Division board of directors approved or reported on the following actions.
- Women as Peacemakers, Women as Decision Makers
10/12/2010 -- From Oct. 18-29, the United Nations and women’s and civil society organizations will celebrate 10 years of UNSCR 1325.
- Very Much In Control
10/12/2010 -- The Rev. Dr. Aleese Moore-Orbih of FaithTrust Institute led directors, staff and guests in a domestic violence awareness education session the Women’s Division Annual board of directors meeting in Stamford, Conn.
- Nothing Was Ever the Same Again After That
10/08/2010 -- Women’s Division head Harriett Olson opened the annual fall board of directors meeting with a message of hope that today’s mission efforts could be pivotal events for good in the lives of women, children and youth.
- Reading Program Book List for 2011
09/02/2010 -- View and purchase the Reading Program book list for 2011 for all categories and languages.
- Wesley-Rankin Center Keeps Kids Stocked Up on School Supplies
09/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women-supported Wesley-Rankin Center in Dallas, Tx., helps kids go back to school with supplies, with help from a Women's Division grant for this program.
- From Iowa to Washington, D.C.
08/30/2010 -- Judy Kading shares how she puts “love in action” as Iowa United Methodist Women’s social action mission coordinator.
- Voices of Human Trafficking Team Members
08/30/2010 -- United Methodist Women members who participated in the Human Trafficking training session in Atlanta, Ga. in 2009 reflect on what they've accomplished and how they've changed a year later.
- Haiti Update: Communities of Shalom
08/26/2010 -- Deaconess candidate Valerie Mossman-Celestin shares her work with Communities of Shalom as the U.S. director of Haitian Artisans for Peace International (HAPI).
- Summary of Joy to the World
06/18/2010 -- The 2010 mission study, Joy to the World!, explores how mission and evangelism flow from joyous gratitude for the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- BBC Radio : Edinburgh 2010 Worship Service
06/09/2010 -- Dr. Glory Dharmaraj took part in a worship service at St. Mary's Anglican Cathedral. Dr. Dharmaraj is the director for Spiritual Formation & Misson Theology of the Women's Division.
- Edinburgh 2010 Is Reminded Of Role of Women in Mission
06/08/2010 -- Celebrating women's involvement in mission, beginning in the 19th century, was an option for conference delegates and local people at the City of Edinburgh Methodist Church.
- Deaconess & Home Missioner Discernment and Formation Retreat
06/04/2010 -- The retreat is for persons of all ages who are discerning a call and/or are in the early stages of candidacy for licensed local pastor, ordained deacon or elder, or for the lay Office of Deaconess (women) or Home Missioner (men).
- Update: The Beauty and Courage of Sudan
05/11/2010 -- In the months since publication of the geographic study, The Beauty and Courage of Sudan, flickers of hope have enlivened Sudan’s dream of peace.
- Joycelyn Elders Leads Town Hall on Health Care Reform
05/02/2010 -- Dr. Joycelyn Elders encourages women to create a consensus that health care for all is not only necessary but possible.
- Ties that Bind
04/30/2010 -- Representatives from six of the19 schools in United Methodist Women’s Higher Education Initiative gathered in St. Louis, Mo., April 28 for a pre-Assembly consultation to consider how their colleges and universities might be of service to one another.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- World Day of Prayer 2010 on Cameroon
03/09/2010 -- Cameroon, the focus for the 2010 World Day of Prayer, is where United Methodist Women has international efforts for women’s leadership development and training.
- Ecumenical Women Worship, Prepare for 54th U.N. Commission on Status of Women
03/02/2010 -- Ecumenical Women at the United Nations gathered in the Church Center for the United Nations Feb. 27 to worship and prepare for the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- Béjè mouin, sè you Roua d'amou
01/25/2010 -- Pray with the people of Haiti through song.
- Baltic United Methodist Theological Seminary Marks Anniversary with a New President
08/17/2009 -- Tallinn, Estonia--The 15th anniversary of the largest United Methodist theological seminary in Europe was marked by the installation of a new president and an espiscopal address linking the role of theological schools to the practice of Christian mission....
- West Africa Women Meet to Explore Being Better Together in Christ
06/03/2009 -- This impromptu composition by missionary Catherine Akale became the unofficial theme song of this first gathering of leaders from United Methodist women's organizations within the West Africa Central Conference. The participants gathered in Monrovia, Libe...
- Mission Study on Israel-Palestine Is Consistent with United Methodist Policy
06/24/2008 -- A joint statement of the General Board of Global Ministries and the Women's Division
- Reading, Writing and Raspberries: Food and Nutrition in U.S. Schools
07/20/2005 -- Every day, more than 26 million children in over 99,000 public and non-profit private schools across the country eat lunches subsidized by the National School Lunch Program.1 Good nutrition promotes education because children learned better when they ate...
Return to the original article.