We found 19 additional articles filed under families. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Susannah Wesley Community Center Plays Key Role in Human Trafficking Case
01/07/2011 -- The biggest human trafficking case in U.S. history is currently in federal court in Honolulu, Hawaii. A United Methodist Women–affiliated mission, the Susannah Wesley Community Center played a major role in helping the victims.
- Sally Ernst, former president of Women’s Division, Dies
01/07/2011 -- On January 4, 2011, the United Methodist Women lost sister and leader Eleanor “Sally” Ernst, former president of the Women’s Division.
- Mobilize Your Church and Community
01/04/2011 -- Actions you can take to help raise awareness in your church.
- Tools for Domestic Violence Awareness
01/04/2011 -- Links, resources and phone numbers to fight Domestic Violence
- Free Webinars on Faith and Domestic Violence
01/04/2011 -- United Methodist Women is offering a series of free webinars on Wednesdays from February 16 to March 2, 2011. Topics cover how people of faith, churches and clergy can help stop domestic violence and help victims.
- Get "I Believe You" On the Air Again
01/03/2011 -- Call your local NBC affiliate and make sure the documentary airs often and during prime time viewing hours.
- Above, Through, In: Our Deep Connection
12/15/2010 -- Our desire to connect with family and friends reaches a peak during Advent and the holiday season.
- Very Much In Control
10/12/2010 -- The Rev. Dr. Aleese Moore-Orbih of FaithTrust Institute led directors, staff and guests in a domestic violence awareness education session the Women’s Division Annual board of directors meeting in Stamford, Conn.
- Electing Candidates Committed to Changing Lives for Women, Girls, and Families
10/07/2010 -- Use the Checklist as a tool to assess whether a candidate’s positions reflect values supporting initiatives for women, girls, and families.
- A Family of Support For President Inelda González
05/01/2010 -- Women’s division president Inelda González is held up by family as she serves in mission.
- The President’s Budget: A Focus on Women and Families
03/15/2010 -- The White House released its Fiscal Year 2011 budget proposal Feb. 1. The proposed budget makes investments critical to the economic future of women and families.
- All Saint’s Day: All Things New
10/27/2009 -- Editor of Response magazine Barbara Wheeler reflects on death and remembrance for All Saint's Day, Nov. 1.
- Emma's Place: Hope and Home for Families
12/26/2008 -- Emma's Place (in St. Paul, Minnesota) believes in second chances, for which the families who live there are exceedingly grateful.
- 100 Years of Kindness and Mercy at East St. Louis Community Center
10/31/2008 -- "100 Acts of Kindness, 100 Acts of Mercy" is the theme of the 100th anniversary of a United Methodist community center that is part of the social and religious bedrock of East St. Louis and surrounding St. Clair County.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
10/01/2008 -- Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- United Methodist Bishop Visits Mission Institution in Fort Worth, Texas
04/25/2008 -- Fort Worth, Texas, April 25, 2008 -- As an all-church meeting continues in Fort Worth, Texas, one bishop took time on April 24 to attend another important gathering: snack time in the after-school program at United Community Centers, Inc., a local United ...
- Love the One Next to Us, Peace Flourishes
03/25/2006 -- * Kelly Martini is communications director/information officer of the Women’s Division. This meditation is written to help United Methodist Women begin to prayerfully prepare themselves for the United Methodist Women’s Assembly, May 4-7 in Anaheim, Calif...
- A Snowy Day
03/25/2006 -- Finances, membership, and immigration were among several tough issues addressed by the Women's Division board of directors this March 30-April 3, 2006, in Stamford CT.
- Reading, Writing and Raspberries: Food and Nutrition in U.S. Schools
07/20/2005 -- Every day, more than 26 million children in over 99,000 public and non-profit private schools across the country eat lunches subsidized by the National School Lunch Program.1 Good nutrition promotes education because children learned better when they ate...
Return to the original article.