Directors Gather for Annual Meeting in Stamford, Conn.
by Yvette Moore*
Directors of the Women’s Division of the General Board of Global Ministries will set 2007 budget appropriations and act on an array of policies and issues at their annual meeting this weekend in Stamford, Conn.
The directors’ weekend agenda includes a vote on 2006 Brighter Future for Children and Youth grants and deliberations on policies related to U.S. immigration, some Women’s Division-owned properties and the use of mercury in childhood disease vaccinations. Also on their agenda are updates on United Methodist Women language ministries, leadership development programs, and mission schools and studies. They will get highlights of reports on Lebanon from a Mission Intern and representative of American University in Beirut, and hear from Gaye Jamison, co-producer of “Lives for Sale,” an upcoming documentary on modern-day human trafficking. The body will also hear reports from directors who attended this summer’s World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women Assembly in South Korea and the division’s racial justice consultation in Oklahoma.
United Methodist Women members from 21 conferences are scheduled to attend the annual meeting as guests. These conference guests will include:
- Dixie Allbery, Nebraska Conference
- Janet W. Blohm, Greater New Jersey Conference
- Becky Breeding, Virginia Conference
- Suellen Crettol, Pacific-Northwest Conference
- Joyce Deere, Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference
- Linda Elms, Northwest Texas Conference
- Beverly Guy, West Michigan Conference
- Nancy Hirst, Wyoming Conference
- Betty J. Hodson, Kansas West Conference
- Nancy K. Kincaid, Missouri Conference
- Artie S. Lewis, Minnesota Conference
- Marie E. MacDougall, Troy Conference
- Arlene Mackie, Southwest Texas
- Julie Miehe, Wisconsin Conference
- Bonnie J. Miller, Alaska Missionary Conference
- Ellen C. Moore, Holston Conference
- Gloria P. Morgan, South Georgia Conference
- Judy Roed, Dakotas Conference
- Sarah Sanders, Mississippi Conference
- Barbara B. Ward, California-Nevada Conference
* Yvette Moore is executive secretary for communications of the Women's Division.