Give With a Rollover From Your IRA
November 8, 2007 – Last year’s Pension Protection Act allows again this year – 2007 – persons 70 1/2 years old or older to make a charitable contribution to United Methodist Women from their IRA, or Individual Retirement Account, by a direct rollover up to $100,000. This rollover would satisfy the required minimum deduction. A direct rollover has many advantages:
- United Methodist Women receives the funds now.
- A significant gift can be made without tax complications.
- Such gifts will not be considered as income to you and therefore are not taxable.
- By reducing the amount of your income, your tax rate may be reduced and you may protect your Social Security income from a higher tax rate.
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your gift will enable United Methodist Women to continue its worldwide ministries with women, children and youth.
Act now and consult your financial or tax advisor. All transactions must be completed before December 31, 2007. For details contact Betty J. Letzig, Women’s Division consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date posted : Nov. 08, 2007