DEACONESSES AND HOME MISSIONERS EVENTS
We found 10 additional articles filed under Deaconesses and Home Missioners events. They're listed below, most recent first.
- United Methodists Celebrate and Commission 40 New Deaconesses, Home Missioners and Missionaries
04/30/2012 -- A firefighter, a nursing supervisor, a counselor for ex-prisoners, an advocate for Haitian artists, an afterschool chess teacher, and a coordinator of relief volunteers – these were among the 17 new deaconesses and home missioners commissioned on Sund...
- Cutting-Edge Ministries and Commissioning of Deaconesses and Home Missioners
04/17/2012 -- These women and men follow Jesus in ministering to those in the "margins of society." You can watch the April 29th service of commissioning online.
- Selena Smith, Firefighter, to Be Commissioned a Deaconess at General Conference
04/11/2012 -- She’s young, she’s a firefighter and she’s about to be the first South Carolina woman in years to be commissioned as a United Methodist deaconess during General Conference.
- Profile of a Deaconess: Amanda Mountain
04/02/2012 -- Amanda Mountain was one of 12 deaconesses and one home missioner commissioned at the Women’s Division Assembly in 2010. Ms. Mountain is looking forward to standing with the 15 deaconess and 2 home missioners who will be commissioned during the 2012 Genera...
- Discernment Event for Deaconesses and Home Missioners
09/08/2011 -- A discernment event has been organized in Asheville, N.C., October 28-30, 2011, to enable laypersons of The United Methodist Church who are living in the country to discern whether the deaconess or home missioner calling is for them.
- Set apart, lay people vow a life of service
04/08/2011 -- On April 7 10 deaconess candidates, along with one home missioner, were commissioned in the chapel of the Interchurch Center as part of the spring meeting of United Methodist Women.
- Then End of One Journey Is the Beginning of Another
04/07/2011 -- The scripture readings for this day include both interesting and disturbing images, especially to Westerners, of literally eating the scripture, which is both sweet and sour. It conveys the idea that when we digest God's word we experience both comfort...
- Deaconess and Home Missioner Commissioning: April 2011
04/07/2011 -- Women's Division/United Methodist Women Spring 2011 Board of Directors' meeting.
- Deaconess & Home Missioner Discernment and Formation Retreat
06/04/2010 -- The retreat is for persons of all ages who are discerning a call and/or are in the early stages of candidacy for licensed local pastor, ordained deacon or elder, or for the lay Office of Deaconess (women) or Home Missioner (men).
- Historic Commissioning of Deaconess/Home Missioner Candidates
12/21/2009 -- Come to St. Louis and share in a sacred moment in the lives of men and women who, through faith and hope have determined to live love in action.
Return to the original article.