We found 14 additional articles filed under line. They're listed below, most recent first.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraphs 1314.2, 1314.3, 1314.7
12/06/2011 -- Deaconesses, who are laywomen, and home missioners, who are laymen, are professionally trained persons who have been led by the Holy Spirit to devote their lives to Christlike service under the authority of the Church.
- Let There Be Peace on Earth
12/15/2010 -- Much more work remains to ensure that women have a voice in times of conflict and in implementing UNSCR 1325 worldwide. We must all join the efforts of women throughout the world who are saying, “Let there be peace on earth.”
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Interviews with Women from "Voices from the Frontlines"
10/28/2010 -- United Methodist Women spoke to about what would make implementation of UNSCR 1325 effective and how women of faith can implement peace around the world.
- Talking About "Inheriting the Trade"
10/19/2010 -- Author Thomas Norman DeWolf of "Inheriting the Trade" will join us at UMWOnline.net on Oct. 28 in dialogue around the issues of race, diversity and healing from the damage caused by the historic oppressions and injustice that continue to impact all of us ...
- The Power of Words: Curses, Blessings and Interfaith Dialogue
09/30/2010 -- Engaging in interfaith dialogue is a way to follow Paul’s guidance and to bless those who are different from us, those who threaten us and even those who we feel persecute us (and be blessed by them in return).
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Peace
09/20/2010 -- September 21 is the International Day of Peace, a day to recall the words of Bishop Bromley Oxnam, a leader in the peace movement: “Peace like bread must be made daily.” It is a day to work for peace collectively.
- Because God First Loved Us
07/01/2010 -- Make a commitment to act on behalf of women, children and youth, and start meaningful conversations in your community on important issues.
- The Experience Hall of Assembly
05/02/2010 -- Assembly’s Experience Hall offers participants an opportunity to learn about justice issues – and be entertained.
- Video Contest Final Four Set for Viewing
04/30/2010 -- Finalists of Untied Methodist Women’s Assembly 2010 Video Contest came to St. Louis to learn
- Organize a Public Witness for Immigrant Rights on May 1
04/06/2010 -- We are inviting all United Methodist Women to organize local public witness events for immigrant rights in your communities on May 1. These events will link to a faith-based march and vigil for immigrant rights at Assembly 2010 in St. Louis.
- A Response to the United States Health Care Reform Legislation
01/07/2010 -- Recent legislation passed by both houses of Congress put forth attempts at broadening access to health insurance, but both bills are troublesome in the way they address the most vulnerable among us.
- Love and Faith Make for Healing and Praise
03/25/2006 -- Love and Faith Make for Healing and Praise
- New Times, New Challenges, New Technologies: United Methodist Women at the Forefront in the Use of Technology
11/01/2005 -- United Methodist Women has always been at the forefront of innovation and the use of technology. This year is no exception!
Return to the original article.