We found 49 additional articles filed under Korea. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Representing God's Love
01/01/2014 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. If we weren’t already a structured organization, how would we come together to act on the commitments of our faith in 2014? We might start by noticing what women in United Methodist congreg...
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Signs of Emmanuel
12/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. Have you ever looked for a street sign in an unfamiliar place and been unable to find one? We look where we think the sign “should” be, searching for what we expect to see. Perhaps that’s w...
- Korean PDF- Responsively Yours: The Double Bind
11/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. We must not accept governments, institutions, corporations or people we know and love treating women as objects. God did not create us as objects. We are loved and valuable children of God,...
- World Council of Churches: 10th Assembly Web Site
10/30/2013 -- The 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches takes place in Busan, Republic of Korea, from 30 October to 8 November 2013.
- GenerationNext Earth Advocates
10/29/2013 -- United Methodist Women and the Scranton Center for Women’s Leadership of Seoul, Korea, joined with the Wesley Center of Japan to train a new generation of leaders for environmental justice in Tokyo, Feb. 17-23.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: What the Church Needs From United Methodist Women
10/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. United Methodist Women is an organization of The United Methodist Church. As such, it is fair to ask, "What does The United Methodist Church need from United Methodist Women?" How would you...
- Stories of Peacemakers: Korea
09/13/2013 -- The world around us beats with not only the stories of tragic violence that seem to be daily escalating, but real Love; Love in-breaking a violent world directly from the heart of God. United Methodist Women are daily stepping up to the plate to be the ...
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: What Does Good News Look Like?
07/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. Good news is people of faith speaking words of truth and peace to quell a climate of polarization and name calling that maintains division. Good news is that God has a message of peace.
- Toward Fullness of Life: Olivia Builds A House
06/13/2013 -- In order to send her children through high school and college as well as to pay for the housing project, Olivia agrees to migrate to Switzerland and find domestic employment there.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Really? Say More
06/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. If we are going to learn, especially in this time of change, we need to figure out how to take in new information, even if it is from unexpected places.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: The Eye of the Beholder
05/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. To have a “God’s eye view” that is premised on love and equity is challenging because we have not seen it.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: A Charge to Keep
04/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. Sometimes at church during a baptism or a renewal of our vows, I find the language of this covenant startling: “Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of...
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: For God So Loved the World
03/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. If "God so loved the world" - what about us? Do we so love the world?
- We Are Travelers
02/25/2013 -- It is our job to teach the world that we are all guests, travelers, sojourners, and migrants. We humbly rely on the grace of the owner of the land, God, while we travel or sojourn.
- Ubuntu Journey to South Korea
01/03/2013 -- We’ll be hosted by the women of Scranton Women’s Leadership Center where the belief is: “To educate a woman is to educate her family, her society and her country.” We will learn about the leadership center, visit Ewha Woman’s University and join with the ...
- A Journey to "Ubuntu"
01/01/2013 -- U.S. women learn the power of faith and witness with sisters in the Philippines and South Korea.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Seek Peace and Pursue It
01/01/2013 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. A critical part of our peacemaking work is directing the attention of global policymakers to issues raised by grassroots women around the world.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Doing Is in Our DNA
12/01/2012 -- “Doing” is in our DNA. We want to respond to children all over the world as if they were our children — our family, congregation or community. This desire to be of use for God’s holy purposes takes us across distances, national boundaries, languages, race...
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Overflowing Gratitude
11/01/2012 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. Sometimes gratitude just bubbles up! I hope that you will take a few minutes to reflect with gratitude on this season in the life of United Methodist Women.
- United Methodist Women Announces Ubuntu Journeys for 2013
08/28/2012 -- 2013 Ubuntu Journeys will be to Chile in April, South Korea in September and Zimbabwe in October.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: What Can You Imagine?
07/01/2012 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. Structural configurations alone will not make us the multigenerational, multicultural, multilingual, multiracial, Spirit-filled organization that we want to be.
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: A Peek Into the Gender Gap
06/01/2012 -- Korean version of the monthly installment by Harriett Jane Olson. At election time, the term “gender gap” implies that male voters are the norm and women voters are different. Why not analyze how men come to decisions?
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Resources and Activism Needed
05/01/2012 -- As Leymah Gbowee traveled in the United States, she came to know that there is plenty of poverty in this country. Ms. Gbowee’s observation was: “It seems to me that in Africa we have activism, but we lack resources, while in the United States, you have re...
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: First Hit Pause
03/01/2012 -- As we approach General Conference, how many of the concerns or fears impelling us to certain points of view are based on analyses that fit the past better than the present?
- Korean PDF - Responsively Yours: Mission Map Skills
02/01/2012 -- Mission Giving maps show a web of relationships and a demonstration of faith, hope and love in action. God is at work in the world, and we are a part of it!
- Responsively Yours: Korean PDF -Something There Is That Doesn't Love A Wall
01/01/2012 -- Let us not give walls undue power. In this new year, let us dream of peace, but let us also commit ourselves anew to work for peace, and to declare the message of the love of God for all peoples on earth.
- Responsively Yours: Korean Audio - Something There Is That Doesn't Love A Wall
01/01/2012 -- For me, these words of Robert Frost call to mind the cold stone walls separating fields and properties through the forests and hills of New England.
- Responsively Yours: Korean PDF -Traditions in Chocolate and Justice
12/01/2011 -- Sweeten this holiday by sending a message to Hershey's to let the company know that you care about exploitation of workers.
- Responsively Yours: Korean PDF - No Time for Business as Usual
11/01/2011 -- As the sun declined in the sky small groups of women moved from seminar and meeting rooms to collect scarves and sweaters before the next session at the 12th World Assembly of the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women in Johannesburg, Sou...
- Korean Audio: No Time for Business as Usual
11/01/2011 -- One-in-six Americans lives below the poverty line. Do we need to think differently about creating a sustainable economy?
- Responsively Yours: Acting Like Hope - Korean Version (PDF)
10/01/2011 -- “What is the one thing we need today in the United Methodist Church?” asked a seminar leader. It was early in the morning so I may have missed something, but she looked like she expected an answer.
- Remarks by President Obama in Address to the United Nations General Assembly
09/21/2011 -- "Mr. President, Mr. Secretary General, fellow delegates, ladies and gentlemen: It is a great honor for me to be here today. I would like to talk to you about a subject that is at the heart of the United Nations -- the pursuit of peace in an imperfect worl...
- Korean Women Make Pilgrimage of Thanks to Cleveland for Gift of School
08/17/2011 -- 125 years ago, Lucinda Baldwin contributed $88 to start a school for girls in Korea. With that donation Mary Scranton founded Ewha Haktang-Pear Blossom School-now a top school for women in Asia.
- Korean/PDF. Responsively Yours: Ready for Our Next 100 Years in Mission
06/01/2011 -- Directors of Women’s Division and Global Ministries have both risen to the moment and approved a new proposal for working together in the future.
- Responsively Yours: The Law of Unintended Consequences - Korean
05/01/2011 -- Korean language version of Harriett Olson's monthly column in response.
- The Law of Unintended Consequences - Listen in Korean
05/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours May 2011: Korean Audio
- Responsively Yours: A Ministry of Reconciliation - Korean
04/01/2011 -- The 2011 spiritual growth study will provide us with a setting to focus how we might appropriate some of the tools of reconciliation.
- A Ministry of Reconciliation -Listen in Korean
04/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours: A Ministry of Reconciliation - Korean Audio. April 2011
- Responsively Yours: A Healthy Meeting Challenge - Korean Text
03/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours in Korean
- A Healthy Meeting Challenge -Listen in Korean
03/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours: A Healthy Meeting Challenge - Korean Audio. March 2011
- Listening for God in Christian Conferencing: Korean Text
02/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours in Korean
- Mary Scranton's Legacy of Leadership
02/01/2011 -- The Scranton Center for Leadership Development in Seoul, Korea, is preparing women across Asia to effect change in church and society.
- Listening for God in Christian Conferencing - Listen in Korean
02/01/2011 -- Responsively Yours: Listening for God in Christian Conferencing, February 2011 - Korean Audio
- Wanted: A Safe Place to Face Addiction - Audio/Korean
01/01/2011 -- January 2011 Responsively Yours; Read by Sung-Ok Lee in Korean
- Responsively Yours: Wanted: A Safe Place to Face Addiction
01/01/2011 -- What would happen if United Methodist Women were a “safe” place to seek help and support for families dealing with addiction?
- Thy Kingdom Come
12/12/2010 -- Responsively Yours in Korean. PDF
- Thy Kingdom Come
12/01/2010 -- Read by Sung-Ok Lee in Korean
- Sunlit Sisters
10/01/2010 -- The Korean War led many young women to “camptowns” where there were soldiers with money and a chance for survival. Today, Sunlit Sisters Center offers light and love to the now aging women.
- Health Care Heritage
04/02/2010 -- Since when has United Methodist Women been interested in health care? Our foremothers were health care advocates and work for health care for all continues today.
Return to the original article.