We found 18 additional articles filed under Committee. They're listed below, most recent first.
- 10-Fold. 1 Click. Be Counted.
09/24/2012 -- Are you looking for resources to help you make a difference in the world? This October, with a click of your mouse, you can become an advocate for mission! On October 1, 10-Fold returns for a month-long celebration of five exciting projects, each highligh...
- Turning Girls on to Mission In Columbia, S.C.
07/01/2012 -- A youth circle at Washington Street United Methodist Church in Columbia, S.C., is learning by doing mission through United Methodist Women.
- The Intersections of United Methodist Women and UMCOR
04/27/2012 -- A United Methodist Women MeetUp on Thursday, April 25 during General Conference highlighted the connectional ministries of United Methodist Women and the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR).
- United Methodist Women in Ministry With Poor at General Conference
04/20/2012 -- United Methodist Women will participate in "Breaking Bread with Tampa," which is serving free lunches to the homeless during General Conference 2012.
- Directors Visit Southeast Dallas Cooperative Parish, Learn About Immigration Issues
03/19/2012 -- Directors heard from pastors leading the three member churches and learned about how Justice for Our Neighbors was helping immigrants retain legal rights in Dallas.
- Not Without Hope: Healed and Free
01/06/2012 -- All she wanted was a good paying job. Instead, Anna (not her real name), from Yerevan, Armenia, ended up working for her captors and enduring a traumatic five-month ordeal of forced prostitution in Dubai.
- United Methodist Delegation to Attend Migrant Rights Convention in Geneva, Switzerland
11/17/2011 -- A General Board of Global Ministries delegation will attend the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland, November 28–December 2, 2011.
- Trafficking Survivor Rediscovers a World of Beauty
11/10/2011 -- Mariam* was just 15 years old when her parents married her to a man 20 years her senior. She worked day and night, a servant to her husband’s extended family, and was not allowed to sleep until her husband came home. He was connected to a world of crime a...
- The Day My World Was Turned Upside Down
05/06/2011 -- An update on the recent tornado that devastated Alabama and other parts of the South, from Women's Division director Lynn Hamric.
- Responsively Yours: The Law of Unintended Consequences
05/03/2011 -- Proceeding slowly, led by people of Haiti, is required for an organic and effective recovery to take root and grow.
- Cordialmente Suya: Una Ley con Consecuencias Inesperadas
05/01/2011 -- Recuerdo con mucha claridad lo que aprendí en una clase de antropología de la universidad acerca del impacto que se crea entre un participante y un observador. Mi profesora, que había trabajado por varios años formando y enseñando a leer y escribir a gent...
- Responsively Yours: The Law of Unintended Consequences - Korean
05/01/2011 -- Korean language version of Harriett Olson's monthly column in response.
- Church Agencies Battle Human Trafficking
03/31/2011 -- When Maria, an Armenian citizen, ended up in Dubai, she resisted attempts by her traffickers to force her into prostitution.
- United Methodist Women Reach out to Japan
03/20/2011 -- United Methodist Women are praying for the Japanese people and for all of the missionaries and mission institutions in the country that was hit by earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear meltdown on March 11.
- Mission Agency in Prayer for Japan, Mission Personnel and Volunteers Safe
03/14/2011 -- The United Methodist Church's mission agency expressed deep concern for the people of Japan and its own personnel and partners in that country in the wake of the devastating March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
- Ending Human Trafficking, One Life at a Time
01/28/2011 -- Alisa* fell prey to a human trafficker in her hometown in Armenia. She was just 20 years old and the single mother of a nine-month-old baby. The trafficker forced Alisa into prostitution by threatening to kidnap her young child if she did not do as he sai...
- Women's Division President: 'Ask What You Can Do for Mission'
04/14/2010 -- In the wake of major earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, and continued suffering of immigrants, Women’s Division President Inelda Z. González urged United Methodist Women members to redouble their outreach to neighbors in need in her address to directors at t...
- Two United Methodists Honored for Ecumenical Service
11/12/2009 -- Minneapolis, Minnesota, November 12, 2009--Lois Dauway, an executive of the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries, was honored for outstanding service to ecumenism at the 2009 General Assembly of the National Council of Churches and Church W...
Return to the original article.