We found 12 additional articles filed under Conferences. They're listed below, most recent first.
- ID Laws that Prevent People from Voting in the November Election
08/30/2012 -- United Methodist Women are concerned about Pennsylvania and other states seeking to disenfranchise many voters by the new law that requires an identification card.
- Now For Something Completely Different
05/18/2012 -- I left Tampa on May 5 with hope bubbling up in my thoughts about possible structures for The United Methodist Church. Here’s what I saw.
- Get Involved With Your Conference Rapid Response Team
05/10/2012 -- The United Methodist Rapid Response Team mobilizes congregations to welcome immigrants and to advocate for just and humane immigration reform at the state and federal level.
- The Theology of Glee: A General Conference “Gleetup”
04/26/2012 -- “Glee lifts up spiritual and theological questions, good and bad.” Rev. Becca Clark, clergywoman and a delegate from New England Conference led this MeetUp (one of sevaral to come) of United Methodist Women.
- Marva Usher-Kerr: Profile of a General Conference Delegate On the Move
04/22/2012 -- “Are we going to deal with surface issues? Or are we going to deal with racism, classism, ageism? Are we going to deal with poverty?” Marva Usher-Kerr of Women’s Division prays that important mission issues remain in focus.
- Sending Prayer Mantles to General Conference: on umcnic.org
04/11/2012 -- Northern Illinois Conference web article: In March, United Methodist Women members from across Northern Illinois Conference created prayer mantles for delegates ahead of General Conference in Tampa, Fla., April 24-May 4, 2012.
- Selena Smith, Firefighter, to Be Commissioned a Deaconess at General Conference
04/11/2012 -- She’s young, she’s a firefighter and she’s about to be the first South Carolina woman in years to be commissioned as a United Methodist deaconess during General Conference.
- How Can I Measure My Carbon Footprint?
03/16/2012 -- Free and easy tools can help individuals and organizations be greener.
- Delegates Meet, Apply Gender Justice Lens to General Conference Legislation
02/24/2012 -- Eighty delegates to the General Conference of the United Methodist Church attended a briefing critically analyzing the impact of proposed legislation on women in advance of the quadrennial policy-making event.
- Proposed Restructure of United Methodist Women
02/15/2012 -- United Methodist Women and Global Ministries are bringing legislation to General Conference 2012 that will implement a comprehensive plan to restructure United Methodist Women. The 140-year movement of women organizing for mission looks forward to ano...
- Love, Rice and Beans
10/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women members from Westminster, Md., help with dinner and fix homes in the Dominican Republic.
- United Methodist Women Joins 200,000 on National Mall for Just Immigration Policies
03/25/2010 -- United Methodist Women members joined other United Methodists and 200,000 others calling for just reform of immigration policies in "March for America" in Washington, D.C., March 21.
Return to the original article.