We found 60 additional articles filed under partnerships. They're listed below, most recent first.
- The Tree of Life, Issue Nr. 4: Care for the Elderly – Hope for the Elderly (PDF)
12/04/2013 -- The Tree of Life is published by the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women. This issue, "Care for the Elderly – Hope for Elderly," recognizes our role as caregivers to the elderly, bringing joy and hope to the autumn years of th...
- VIDEO - Acción Médica Cristiana: "Together we build the future we dream"
07/18/2013 -- United Methodist Women and Acción Médica Cristiana work together in Nicaragua to empower women, build community and feed families. From agriculture to health care, this partnership offers a holistic approach to wellness.
- The Tree of Life: Spring 2013 (PDF)
05/07/2013 -- Hope for Wholeness - Summary of MGD Workshop at World Assembly
- Webinar: "Women, Migration & Maternal Health" - June 5
05/01/2013 -- June 5, 3-4 p.m., EDT. As the immigration debate heats up in the U.S., migrant women are often denied basic rights to health care; legal status, language and race all factor in limiting access. Learn more about what you can do! Register at umchealthyfamil...
- Ubuntu Journey to Zimbabwe
01/03/2013 -- This is a return visit for Ubuntu Journeys as the United Methodist Women of Zimbabwe hosted our pilot Ubuntu Journey in 2006. We will be welcomed with open arms and joyful song in Harare, visit Africa University, Old Mutare Mission and share in discussion...
- Celebrate 16 Days of Activism
12/07/2012 -- The Center for Global Women’s Leadership (CGWL) announced the campaign’s newest project, “What does security mean to you?” The goal is to collect short videos and written statements responding to that question.
- A Gift for Life in Rwanda
12/01/2012 -- Since 2005 Rwanda Gift for Life has responded to the hardships and trauma rape survivors continue to face even as they struggle to care for their families while living with HIV.
- Violence in Gaza: What United Methodist Women Supports in Israel-Palestine
11/29/2012 -- We grieve over this and call on United Methodist women to keep the conflict in your prayers and thoughts. United Methodist Women supports many projects in Israel-Palestine.
- New and Improved Resource Center to Come December 17, 2012
11/15/2012 -- United Methodist Women is making changes to better equip members for mission in their communities and around the world. Our mission resource center is moving and expanding to meet your needs.
- United Methodist Women Unveils D.C. Anti-Hate Ad: VIDEO
10/22/2012 -- Watch Sabrina White of the Baltimore-Washington Conference speak up for peace and against Hate Speech. Support peace in word and deed. #mysubwayad
- 10-Fold. 1 Click. Be Counted.
09/24/2012 -- Are you looking for resources to help you make a difference in the world? This October, with a click of your mouse, you can become an advocate for mission! On October 1, 10-Fold returns for a month-long celebration of five exciting projects, each highligh...
- United Methodist Women Hosts Public Forum on Peace in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
09/24/2012 -- “Raging War, Waging Peace—Achieving Justice in the Democratic Republic of the Congo” was co-sponsored by the General Board of Church and Society’s U.N. and International Affairs Office, Global Policy Forum, Mennonite Central Committee–U.N. Office, Presbyt...
- Interview with Yvette Richards
09/04/2012 -- Ms. Richards' expresses her passion in this dialogue saying: "United Methodist Women is a difference maker, a leader for women children and youth in making an impact. We need to know how to tell our story, often and everywhere. "
- United Methodist Women National Policymaking Body Files Joint Brief on Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
08/29/2012 -- United Methodist Women’s national policymaking body and the General Board of Church and Society jointly filed a brief with the Judicial Council of The United Methodist Church Aug. 24 in support of general church agencies’ continued work with the Religious...
- United Methodist Women Announces Ubuntu Journeys for 2013
08/28/2012 -- 2013 Ubuntu Journeys will be to Chile in April, South Korea in September and Zimbabwe in October.
- Is this your mother’s UMW?
06/29/2012 -- United Methodist Women starts a new chapter of its 143-year-old existence as a mission movement for women within The United Methodist Church.
- United Methodists Celebrate and Commission 40 New Deaconesses, Home Missioners and Missionaries
04/30/2012 -- A firefighter, a nursing supervisor, a counselor for ex-prisoners, an advocate for Haitian artists, an afterschool chess teacher, and a coordinator of relief volunteers – these were among the 17 new deaconesses and home missioners commissioned on Sund...
- United Methodist Women in Ministry With Poor at General Conference
04/20/2012 -- United Methodist Women will participate in "Breaking Bread with Tampa," which is serving free lunches to the homeless during General Conference 2012.
- Cutting-Edge Ministries and Commissioning of Deaconesses and Home Missioners
04/17/2012 -- These women and men follow Jesus in ministering to those in the "margins of society." You can watch the April 29th service of commissioning online.
- Finding Our Self: United Methodist Women in the Next Quadrennium
03/20/2012 -- At the spring 2012 Women’s Division board meeting, Deputy General Secretary Harriett Jane Olson asks United Methodist Women to define itself as an organization that is part of the body of Christ.
- Proposed Restructure of United Methodist Women
02/15/2012 -- United Methodist Women and Global Ministries are bringing legislation to General Conference 2012 that will implement a comprehensive plan to restructure United Methodist Women. The 140-year movement of women organizing for mission looks forward to ano...
- Responsively Yours: Mission Map Skills
01/31/2012 -- Mission Giving maps show a web of relationships and a demonstration of faith, hope and love in action. God is at work in the world, and we are a part of it!
- Ubuntu Sisters in India
12/19/2011 -- As an Ubuntu sister I was privileged to be a part of the 125th year celebration of Isabella Thoburn College, meeting young ladies soon to enter into adulthood.
- United Methodist Delegation to Attend Migrant Rights Convention in Geneva, Switzerland
11/17/2011 -- A General Board of Global Ministries delegation will attend the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights in Geneva, Switzerland, November 28–December 2, 2011.
- United Methodist Mission Delegation to Attend Global Events on Migration, Development and Human Rights
11/15/2011 -- Global Ministries, including United Methodist Women, has organized a delegation highly representative of areas where The United Methodist Church and its mission partners are challenged by migration issues.
- United Methodist Women Receives Immigrant Rights Award
11/04/2011 -- United Methodist Women was honored for its immigrant rights work by the National Network for Immigrant & Refugee Rights (NNIRR), calling United Methodist Women "partners in advancing rights and justice at home and abroad."
- Isabella Thoburn College Celebrates 125 Years
11/01/2011 -- Ubuntu eXplorers to India are celebrating with Isabella Thoburn College as it marks 125 years educating women.
- Women's Division Board Meeting Wrapup
10/11/2011 -- The Women’s Division board of directors approved the 2012 budget, received the criteria and application form for incoming national mission institutions that will be used to approve new partnerships, and approved a plan for a consultation with Native Ameri...
- Race and Migration: Ten Years After Durban
09/28/2011 -- Over 15,000 people gathered in Durban, South Africa, 10 years ago to attend the United Nations World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance, known as WCAR, or “Durban.”
- Budget 2011: Faith, Hope and Love in Action
09/26/2011 -- God’s mission is for everyone. When we respond to God’s grace in love we are transformed and motivated to become mission-bearers in God’s world. United Methodist Women have been fulfilling God’s mission for the past 140 years. Everything we do is in keepi...
- International Day of Rural Women and World Food Day Event
09/20/2011 -- On October 14, 2011, United Methodist Women and partners will host panel discussions on the role of rural women in food security and ending violence against women at the Church Center for the United Nations.
- United Methodist Church Follows Jesus' Lead: Immigration Task Force Moves Ministry to the Borders
09/20/2011 -- "Jesus learned new things when he went to the border," said Rev. Edgar Avitia, who led the worship in Florida for US-based missionaries of The United Methodist Church.
- National Mission Institutions: Audio Slideshow on YouTube
09/19/2011 -- A slideshow of images from United Methodist Women supported National Mission Institutions.
- Same Difference: Video
09/01/2011 -- An edited sample of the Same Difference documentary that explores interfaith issues.
- United Methodist Women UNiTE to End Global Violence Against Women
06/22/2011 -- The UNiTE campaign was launched in 2008 by United Nations (U.N.) Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon to influence laws and policies, mobilize the public and partner with governments and organizations to end violence against women.
- Cordialmente Suya: Preparadas para Nuestros Próximos 100 Años en Misión
06/01/2011 -- ¡Este es un buen momento para ser miembro de las Mujeres Metodistas Unidas!
- Responsively Yours: The Law of Unintended Consequences
05/03/2011 -- Proceeding slowly, led by people of Haiti, is required for an organic and effective recovery to take root and grow.
- With a Little Help From Friends
05/03/2011 -- Haitian Methodist women prepare for their mission task with help from the sisterhood of Methodist women.
- Survivors of Human Trafficking: Not Without Hope
05/02/2011 -- In Armenia, in an ambience of trust and encouragement, residents re-learn the meaning of hope after seemingly endless years of sexual servithude and forced labor.
- Report of the President to the Women’s Division Board of Directors
04/28/2011 -- Inelda González, president of the Women's Division, gave her speech to the board of directors at their Semi-Annual meeting, April 10, 2011 in Stamford, Conn.
- Create a Conference United Methodist Women Immigration Team
04/19/2011 -- United Methodist Women in the Desert Southwest Conference has created a team to work on immigrant rights. They work on the United Methodist Women Immigrant/Civil Rights Initiative, which is one of United Methodist Women's four key social justi...
- Women’s Division Proposes Becoming “Structurally Separate, Missionally Connected” to Global Ministries
04/10/2011 -- The Women’s Division board voted to become structurally separate from the General Board of Global Ministries (GBGM) while remaining “missionally connected” in staff configuration and by board directors at its recent meeting, April 7-11 in Stamford, Conn.
- Church Agencies Battle Human Trafficking
03/31/2011 -- When Maria, an Armenian citizen, ended up in Dubai, she resisted attempts by her traffickers to force her into prostitution.
- Above All Things: Love
03/28/2011 -- As we continue in this season of Lent and are attempting to know Jesus better, perhaps this is an area on which we can focus: Loving one another.
- Finding Refuge, Hope, Healing: Offering Sanctuary from Abuse
03/22/2011 -- "We want domestic violence eliminated. No more," said Julie Taylor, coordinator of child and family advocacy for the Women's Division.
- United Methodist Women Hosts Delegation and Workshops for the 55th Commission on the Status of Women
02/16/2011 -- This year, United Methodist Women will be an active participant at the United Nation’s 55th annual Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), February 22 to March 4 at the Church Center for the United Nations (CCUN).
- Diana Eck & Kathryn Lohre: Common Ground in the Midst of Differences VIDEO
02/16/2011 -- In an interview from her time as associate director at The Pluralism Project, Harvard University, Kathryn Lohre, now Director for Ecumenical and Inter-religious Relations at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and Pluralism Project Director Diana ...
- Bright Lights: Spiritual Growth Through Service
02/01/2011 -- United Methodist Women at Springfield Gardens United Methodist Church in Queens, N.Y., is active in spirit and deed, offering opportunities for personal spiritual growth and supporting projects that meet community material needs. The 100-member unit meets...
- Get "I Believe You" On the Air Again
01/03/2011 -- Call your local NBC affiliate and make sure the documentary airs often and during prime time viewing hours.
- The Domestic Violence Initiative of United Methodist Women
12/13/2010 -- United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men have partnered to launch a domestic violence initiative to raise awareness and provide training in United Methodist congregations.
- International Climate Talks On In Mexico
12/03/2010 -- This year’s high-level United Nations climate meeting, the Conference of Parties, has begun in Cancun, Mexico, with an estimated 200 nations sending representatives. United Methodist Women partners are currently there.
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Become a JFON Advocate!
10/12/2010 -- Join us during 10-Fold to learn about a vital United Methodist Ministry to immigrants, Justice For Our Neighbors.
- My Work With Imam Feisal Rauf and Daisy Khan
09/15/2010 -- As I listen to the debate about the proposed Cordoba House community center at 51 Park Place in Manhattan, I find it painful to see two highly regarded interfaith leaders dragged through the mud by news commentators and politicians who don’t really know t...
- Pakistan Flood Update from Women's Division Partners
09/10/2010 -- Faith and funding partners of United Methodist Women in Pakistan report that recent flooding in Pakistan has hit the poorest of the poor and has further deepened poverty among those living at the lowest economic level.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
05/11/2010 -- Be careful what you wish for: that was the upshot of a talk on immigration issues during the quadrennial United Methodist Women’s Assembly.
- United Methodist Women and Men Take Action Against Domestic Violence
04/18/2010 -- The organizations agreed to collaborate on domestic violence programs, training and resources that can be used in churches across the country.
- Church and Community Workers: 125 Years of Mission and Counting
10/01/2009 -- Gallant, Alabama, October 1, 2009--A year-long celebration will mark the 125th anniversary of a United Methodist missionary movement devoted to the ministry with the poor and marginalized in the United States.
- Emma's Place: Hope and Home for Families
12/26/2008 -- Emma's Place (in St. Paul, Minnesota) believes in second chances, for which the families who live there are exceedingly grateful.
- 100 Years of Kindness and Mercy at East St. Louis Community Center
10/31/2008 -- "100 Acts of Kindness, 100 Acts of Mercy" is the theme of the 100th anniversary of a United Methodist community center that is part of the social and religious bedrock of East St. Louis and surrounding St. Clair County.
Return to the original article.