BOOK OF RESOLUTIONS
We found 32 additional articles filed under Book of Resolutions. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Revisiting the Rev. King’s Call to Action in His “Beyond Vietnam” Speech
01/15/2013 -- Reflecting on passages from his “Beyond Vietnam” speech reveals Dr. King’s words as enduringly prophetic and persistent.
- Violence in Gaza: What United Methodist Women Supports in Israel-Palestine
11/29/2012 -- We grieve over this and call on United Methodist women to keep the conflict in your prayers and thoughts. United Methodist Women supports many projects in Israel-Palestine.
- Hershey's Fair Trade
11/01/2012 -- United Methodist voices help persuade chocolate company to address child labor.
- General Conference Approves New Resolution on Peace in Afghanistan
05/02/2012 -- United Methodist Women proposed the resolution, “Seeking Peace in Afghanistan,” which passed at General Conference with amendments, and calls for The United Methodist Church to support an end to war and seek a process of peace in Afghanistan.
- Women, Youth, Race Monitoring Agencies Host Joint Pre-GC Briefing
04/24/2012 -- More than 500 people packed a ballroom of the Tampa Convention Center in Florida for a pre-conference briefing for delegates to the 2012 General Conference of the United Methodist Church, April 24.
- Cutting-Edge Ministries and Commissioning of Deaconesses and Home Missioners
04/17/2012 -- These women and men follow Jesus in ministering to those in the "margins of society." You can watch the April 29th service of commissioning online.
- Responsively Yours: Women and Children First
04/01/2012 -- Experience from economic development work around the world shows that when women are healthy and have access to employment and education, they invest in the health of the children and the community.
- Delegates Meet, Apply Gender Justice Lens to General Conference Legislation
02/24/2012 -- Eighty delegates to the General Conference of the United Methodist Church attended a briefing critically analyzing the impact of proposed legislation on women in advance of the quadrennial policy-making event.
- Proposed Restructure of United Methodist Women
02/15/2012 -- United Methodist Women and Global Ministries are bringing legislation to General Conference 2012 that will implement a comprehensive plan to restructure United Methodist Women. The 140-year movement of women organizing for mission looks forward to ano...
- United Methodist Women: Amend Discipline Paragraph 256.5
12/09/2011 -- United Methodist Women shall be organized in every local church.
- Constitution of United Methodist Women in the Conference: Amend Discipline Paragraph 647
12/08/2011 -- In each annual conference there shall be a conference organization named United Methodist Women, directly related to the jurisdiction and national organizations of United Methodist Women.
- Constitution of United Methodist Women in the Jurisdiction: Amend Discipline Paragraph 536
12/08/2011 -- In each jurisdiction there shall be a jurisdiction organization named United Methodist Women, directly related to the national organization of United Methodist Women.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1314.1
12/07/2011 -- There shall be in The United Methodist Church the Office of Deaconess and Home Missioner.
- Constitution of United Methodist Women in the District: Amend Discipline Paragraph 669
12/07/2011 -- In each district there shall be a district organization named United Methodist Women, directly related to the conference and national organizations of United Methodist Women.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1314.5
12/06/2011 -- Delete ¶ 1314.6.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1314.4
12/06/2011 -- A deaconess or home missioner shall hold church membership in a local church within the conference where her/his appointment is located and shall be a voting member of the charge conference of that church.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraphs 1314.2, 1314.3, 1314.7
12/06/2011 -- Deaconesses, who are laywomen, and home missioners, who are laymen, are professionally trained persons who have been led by the Holy Spirit to devote their lives to Christlike service under the authority of the Church.
- Supporting the Work of Deaconesses and Home Missioners: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1317
12/05/2011 -- United Methodist Women’s national organization shall retain staff whose primary assignment is to represent deaconesses and home missioners on a national level and to maintain a community of professionally competent persons who are committed to service und...
- Committee on Deaconess and Home Missioner Service: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1316
12/05/2011 -- United Methodist Women’s national organization will organize the Committee on Deaconess and Home Missioner Service.
- General Provisions: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1314.9
12/05/2011 -- A deaconess or home missioner may request a leave of absence according to the administrative guidelines and procedures of United Methodist Women.
- Responsibilities: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1319
12/04/2011 -- Multiple changes and improvements to text.
- Women’s Division: New paragraph before Discipline Paragraph 1318
12/04/2011 -- There shall be an organization called United Methodist Women in The United Methodist Church in the United States, organized at the local church, district, conference, jurisdiction and national levels.
- Structure: Delete Discipline Paragraph 1322
12/03/2011 -- Not needed due to proposed revisions of ¶ 1321.
- Organization: Amend Discipline Paragraph 1321
12/03/2011 -- The board of directors of United Methodist Women may elect an executive committee of such membership as it may determine, which shall exercise the powers of the board ad interim.
- Speaking Out for Compassion and Against Hate
09/02/2011 -- So justice is driven back and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey.
- Seeking Peace in Afghanistan
09/02/2011 -- For Afghans, the current war involving more than 100,000 foreign military troops is simply the latest in a long history of foreigners trying to impose by military might their own agenda in Afghanistan.
- The Criminalization of Communities of Color in the United States
09/02/2011 -- There is an increase in mass incarceration in the United States that disproportionately impacts people of color due to institutionalized racism, racial profiling, and mandatory sentencing. The United Methodist Church needs to actively work to dismantle cu...
- Speaking Out For Justice
09/01/2011 -- Resolutions on reconciliation, racial justice, climate change and peace make their way to the 2012 General Conference in Tampa, Fla.
- Learn About United Methodist Church Policy on Immigration
04/19/2011 -- United Methodist Women's work for immigrant and civil rights is based on United Methodist policy as affirmed by General Conference in 2008.
- A People’s Cathedral in Wisconsin
04/01/2011 -- A United Methodist reports from the struggle for worker’s rights in Madison, Wisc.
- Believe Out Loud
02/28/2011 -- We affirm our belief in the inestimable worth of each individual because we are human beings created by God and loved through and by Jesus Christ, and we affirm all persons as equally valuable in the sight of God.
- The Power of Words: Curses, Blessings and Interfaith Dialogue
09/30/2010 -- Engaging in interfaith dialogue is a way to follow Paul’s guidance and to bless those who are different from us, those who threaten us and even those who we feel persecute us (and be blessed by them in return).
Return to the original article.