We found 9 additional articles filed under Racism. They're listed below, most recent first.
- People of Faith Become Aware and Rise Up Against the Doctrine of Discovery
05/31/2013 -- On May 20, 2013, approximately 50 people gathered in a meeting room at the Church Center for the United Nations to learn about the Doctrine of Discovery.
- United Methodists Join Tar Sands Action for Environmental Justice
11/09/2011 -- United Methodists converged on the White House on Sunday, November 6, 2011, with over 10,000 others to press President Obama to block construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- United Methodist Women Joins Tar Sands Action at White House
10/28/2011 -- United Methodist Women will join with other organizations November 6th in Washington, D.C., at 2 p.m. for one hour in an action against the proposed transcontinental Keystone XL tar sands pipeline projects intended to ship oil from Canada to the United St...
- Caring for God's Creation
09/02/2011 -- God has given humankind responsibility for the care and keeping of the earth as God’s steward. (Genesis 2:15) The Bible’s message, however, goes beyond just managing natural resources wisely.
- Environmental Justice: Just Words, or Haiti's Key to Capacity?
05/27/2011 -- The 2010 earthquake in Haiti presented humanitarian workers with one of their most complex and difficult emergencies. The response to immediate needs must be accomplished with an eye toward fair and just long-term development. Capacity building must outwe...
- Reframing Recovery to Achieve Environmental Justice in Haiti
05/27/2011 -- During its 21-year occupation of Haiti, the United States concentrated nearly all economic resources and investments in the capital city, Port-au-Prince. Haiti's other population centers and rural areas received few benefits, spurring a severe decline in ...
- Interviews with Women from "Voices from the Frontlines"
10/28/2010 -- United Methodist Women spoke to about what would make implementation of UNSCR 1325 effective and how women of faith can implement peace around the world.
- Maryland Women Journey with Navajo Widows
04/13/2010 -- When a group of Navajo Native Americans from New Mexico needed a ride to the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., Maryland United Methodist Women not only gave them a lift, but also joined them on a historic journey in search of justice.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
Return to the original article.