We found 17 additional articles filed under news article. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Who Is My Neighbor?
12/13/2010 -- This is the question that Baltimore-Washington Conference United Methodist Women will be exploring over the next three days during their seminar with the United Methodist Seminar Program.
- United Methodist Women Register for Independence Vote in Southern Sudan
11/23/2010 -- United Methodist women in Southern Sudan are joining their neighbors in enthusiastically registering to vote in a January referendum on whether their war-torn land will split off from the north of the country.
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Women Call for Peace Resolution Implementation
10/28/2010 -- In “Voices from the Frontlines,” women from conflict areas around the world shared their experiences on why women need to be involved in decisions that define just and reconciliatory processes on every level.
- Harriett Olson Speaks on Women, Peace and Security
10/26/2010 -- Women’s Division head Harriett Olson spoke on the importance of women’s involvement in peace and security issues for an event on implementing United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on Women, Peace and Security.
- Very Much In Control
10/12/2010 -- The Rev. Dr. Aleese Moore-Orbih of FaithTrust Institute led directors, staff and guests in a domestic violence awareness education session the Women’s Division Annual board of directors meeting in Stamford, Conn.
- UMC Bishop Thomas Bickerton Speaks on Ending Malaria Deaths at U.N. Panel
09/22/2010 -- United Methodist Women had a presence at the U.N. Week’s Digital Media Lounge Tuesday during which a panel discussion was held about malaria that included United Methodist Bishop Thomas Bickerton, who spearheads the Nothing But Nets campaign.
- United Methodist Women-Supported Crossroads Urban Center Sponsors Forum on Poverty in Utah
08/24/2010 -- Several homeless Utahns spoke Saturday at the annual People’s Summit on Poverty, designed to bring together those living in poverty and those looking to take action.
- Alaska Children's Services Marks 120th Anniversary
07/14/2010 -- Alaska Children's Services, a United Methodist Women-supported National Mission Institution, is celebrating its 120th anniversary this year.
- United Methodist Women Forum Promotes Migrant Women’s Rights
03/08/2010 -- Migrant women’s vulnerability to exploitation and need for international protections dominated a forum convened as a parallel event to the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- United Methodist Women Attending U.N. Commission on Women
02/25/2010 -- The annual United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) meets in New York City Mar. 1-12, commemorating the 15th Anniversary of the 1995 Beijing Platform for Action.
- United Methodists Stand with Immigrants in Texas
01/20/2010 -- United Methodists and Pax Christi gathered with many other organizations and church communities to hold a prayer vigil and public witness at Willacy County Detention Center on Jan. 9, 2010 in Raymondville, Tx.
- Women’s Division Board Approves Restructure
10/15/2009 -- Women’s Division’s Board of Directors approved a recommendation for reconfiguring relationships with the General Board of Global Ministries at its recent meeting, Oct. 9-12, in Stamford, Conn.
- In Speech to Directors, Board President Reflects on History and Purpose
10/15/2009 -- In preparation for a transitional period for United Methodist Women, Women’s Division president Inelda González reflected on history, challenging directors to do more to engage and act for justice in their communities and in the church at the semi-annual ...
- In the Midst of Transition, Women’s Division Head Looks Forward
10/10/2009 -- Harriett J. Olson, Deputy General Secretary for the Women’s Division, offered an optimistic report to the board of directors for their semi-annual board meeting.
- Division Directors to Explore New Relationship with Global Ministries
04/28/2009 -- Women's Division directors voted to explore a new model of partnership with the General Board of Global Ministries that would transfer oversight of United Methodist Women-supported national mission institutions, relationships with international partners a...
- Sensitive to the Current State of Global Economics, Treasurer Martha Knight is Realistic
04/28/2009 -- To the Women’s Division Board of Directors, Treasurer Martha Knight presented the year end financial report for the year 2008, at their semi-annual Board meeting in Stamford, Conn. on Friday.
Return to the original article.