We found 18 additional articles filed under Status. They're listed below, most recent first.
- A United Methodist Women-Organized March Rallies to Mark International Women's Day
03/07/2013 -- To mark International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women is among five organizations coordinating a March 8 rally and march near the United Nations.
- United Methodist Women to Participate in U.N. Women's Events
03/01/2013 -- A delegation sponsored by United Methodist Women will spend the next week focusing on education and advocacy around the theme of the commission’s 57th session— to eliminate and prevent all forms of violence against women and girls.
- Join Us in March, Side Events at the 57th Commission on the Status of Women
02/15/2013 -- United Methodist Women will participate in CSW-57 by bringing an international delegation that will work with ecumenical and secular partners to prevent and eliminate violence against women and girls.
- Perspectives on General Conference: on gcsrw.org
10/01/2012 -- Leanne Nakanishi, California-Pacific Conference United Methodist Women’s president, and general secretary/CEO Harriett Jane Olson are featured in the Sptember/October 2012 edition of The Flyer.
- That We May All Live Together
03/08/2012 -- Three of the ten United Methodist Women supported-delegates to the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations (CSW) attended the international meeting through the United Methodist Church partner, the Asian Rural Institute (ARI) in Japan.
- United Methodist Women Explores Needs of Rural Women
03/07/2012 -- United Methodist Women sponsored international participants who attended the first week of this year’s commission meeting, which began Feb. 27 and continues through March 9.
- Why Women Must Leave Home
03/06/2012 -- On Thursday, March 1, 2012, United Methodist Women hosted an interactive workshop called “Why Women Must Leave Home” as part of the 56th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
- Ana Chã: Brazilian Landless Worker Emphasizes Health and Happiness for Rural Women
03/02/2012 -- Ana Chã spoke to more than 100 people on Tuesday as part of the panel, “Voices of Rural Women,” co-sponsored by United Methodist Women and World Vision International, a side event of the Commission on the Status of Women.
- Introducing a Rural Hero
02/28/2012 -- Eli Gashi of Kosovo, United Methodist Women-sponsored delegate to the 56th Commission on the Status of Women, shared the story of Marta Prekpalaj, who worked for women's empowerment before, during and after the conflicts in Kosovo from 1998-1999.
- Delegates Meet, Apply Gender Justice Lens to General Conference Legislation
02/24/2012 -- Eighty delegates to the General Conference of the United Methodist Church attended a briefing critically analyzing the impact of proposed legislation on women in advance of the quadrennial policy-making event.
- Community Leaders and Rural Women Bear Fruit at UN Meeting
02/24/2012 -- The fruits of next week’s UN gathering will be the empowerment and participation of community leaders like Ms. Robinson who brings the realities, concerns and voices of rural women to the international table.
- Women's Division Statement to the Fifty-sixth Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
01/24/2012 -- Statement submitted by The United Methodist Church General Board of Global Ministries, Women’s Division, a nongovernmental organization in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council to the Fifty-sixth session of the Commission on the Stat...
- Rural Women Panels Raise Issues on Food Security, Violence Against Women
11/01/2011 -- In observance of International Day of Rural Women and World Food Day, United Methodist Women co-organized two panel discussions highlighting issues important to rural women around the world at the Church Center for the United Nations, Oct. 14, 2011.
- The 56th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
08/04/2011 -- CSW-56 will take place at United Nations Headquarters in New York City from February 27 to March 9, 2012. The theme is “the empowerment of rural women and their role in poverty and hunger eradication, development and current challenge.” This session will ...
- A New Heart and a New Spirit
03/23/2011 -- In this time of Lent, we prepare ourselves for the deepest transformation we can go through as human being or institutions: getting a new heart and new spirit that we may have the fruits of the tree in abundance so nobody will go hungry anymore in our glo...
- Women Share Their Stories at UN event
02/24/2011 -- 26-year-old Taurai Sandra Chinyerere is among the women sharing stories, advice and solidarity during the Feb. 22–March 4 meeting of the Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations. The United Methodist Women’s 20-member ecumenical delegation ...
- The Faces of the Girls of the Commission on the Status of Women
02/19/2011 -- As I read the report of the U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to the commission, many faces of women and girls came to my mind.
- United Methodist Women Hosts Delegation and Workshops for the 55th Commission on the Status of Women
02/16/2011 -- This year, United Methodist Women will be an active participant at the United Nation’s 55th annual Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), February 22 to March 4 at the Church Center for the United Nations (CCUN).
Return to the original article.