Tools for Domestic Violence Awareness
Additional resources are available through the General Board of Church and Society. Go to www.umc-gbcs.org and choose the "domestic violence" issue. They have statistics, church policy and a design for a "One Day Seminar."
- Participate in a free Webinar; register by February 11, 2011.
- Download and share this Infographic from our flickr photostream.
- Visit the General Commission on the Status and Role of Women online and look at Resources --> Advocacy --> Domestic Violence.
- For additional clergy assistance, contact your Annual Conference office and/or go to www.umsexualethics.org.
- One of the largest domestic violence shelter networks in the nation is the Y.W.C.A.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233); TTY 1-800-787-3224.
- Faith Trust Institute – A long time Women's Division partner in training and resources for domestic violence.
- Faith Trust brochure available free of charge
- Please take a few minutes to fill out the online Domestic Violence Survey.
- Download the PDF version of the survey (on Page 3 of this 147K flyer.) Return it to your Conference Vice President.