We found 33 additional articles filed under immigration. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Responsively Yours Audio: Something There Is That Doesn't Love A Wall
01/01/2012 -- For me, these words of Robert Frost call to mind the cold stone walls separating fields and properties through the forests and hills of New England.
- Take Action for Migrant Rights on December 18, International Migrants Day
12/13/2010 -- In this season of Advent, we commemorate International Migrants Day on December 18, recognizing the efforts, contributions and rights of migrants worldwide. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the United Nations (U.N.) migrant rights convention.
- Who Is My Neighbor?
12/13/2010 -- This is the question that Baltimore-Washington Conference United Methodist Women will be exploring over the next three days during their seminar with the United Methodist Seminar Program.
- Global Migration Focus of Global Gathering in Mexico
11/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women heads to Mexico City this week for the People’s Global Action on Migration, Development and Human Rights (PGA).
- Immigrant/Civil Rights Initiative
10/22/2010 -- The United Methodist Women's immigrant and civil rights initiative draws on our biblical understandings that all God's children are valued and welcome at the table, and where Jesus' commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves becomes reality.
- Apply for the College Women's Seminar on Women and Migration
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is seeking applications from college and university women for a week long seminar Jan. 3-9, 2011 to be held in New York City.
- Winthrop University Wesley Foundation Takes Human Trafficking Seminar
10/14/2010 -- The United Methodist Seminar Program is hosting a group of 15 students from Winthrop University Wesley Foundation in Rock Hill, S.C., for a two-day seminar on human trafficking.
- Organizing for Mission
10/13/2010 -- United Methodist Women President Inelda González addressed directors, guests and staff at the annual Women’s Division board of directors fall meeting, paying tribute to the work of early women missionaries and challenging attendees to be proactive in miss...
- Become a JFON Advocate!
10/12/2010 -- Join us during 10-Fold to learn about a vital United Methodist Ministry to immigrants, Justice For Our Neighbors.
- Haiti Relief, Six Months after the Quake
07/12/2010 -- They aren't out of the woods, not by a long shot. But over the past 6 months, the Haitian people have begun to mobilize for recovery. UMCOR is there-digging in for the long haul.
- ’I Want to Make a Difference in this World’
06/10/2010 -- Alexis Murphy shares her reflections on marching for immigrant, civil and human rights in a National Day of Action May 29.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
05/11/2010 -- Be careful what you wish for: that was the upshot of a talk on immigration issues during the quadrennial United Methodist Women’s Assembly.
- The Experience Hall of Assembly
05/02/2010 -- Assembly’s Experience Hall offers participants an opportunity to learn about justice issues – and be entertained.
- Marchers Speak Out on Immigrant Rights
05/02/2010 -- Quotes from marchers at Saturday's Immigrant, Civil and Human Rights March in St. Louis.
- Day of Service
05/01/2010 -- Women volunteer ahead of Assembly, putting love into action.
- Concern for Immigrants Spans 100 Years and More
05/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women's work with immigrants is part of its history, spanning decades of work for civil and human rights.
- Assembly Theme Moves from Page to Pavement
05/01/2010 -- Two thousand people headed to the streets of St. Louis for a march for immigrant, civil and human rights.
- United Methodist Women, Local Advocacy Groups Gather in St. Louis May 1 to Call for Immigrant, Civil and Human Rights
04/21/2010 -- On Saturday, May 1, 2010, thousands of United Methodist Women, in St. Louis for their Quadrennial Assembly, and key St. Louis community groups will march and participate in a public faith-based vigil for immigrant, civil and human rights.
- Organize a Public Witness for Immigrant Rights on May 1
04/06/2010 -- We are inviting all United Methodist Women to organize local public witness events for immigrant rights in your communities on May 1. These events will link to a faith-based march and vigil for immigrant rights at Assembly 2010 in St. Louis.
- Help Everyone Count in Census 2010!
03/29/2010 -- United Methodist Women is proud to be a partner in the 2010 census, committed to encouraging members to support the U.S. Census Bureau's goal of achieving a complete count.
- Palm Sunday: Hospitality and The Holy City
03/26/2010 -- The celebration, music and excitement of Palm Sunday lead us into Holy Week and offer time for reflection on hospitality.
- United Methodist Women Joins 200,000 on National Mall for Just Immigration Policies
03/25/2010 -- United Methodist Women members joined other United Methodists and 200,000 others calling for just reform of immigration policies in "March for America" in Washington, D.C., March 21.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- Gender, Race, Class Focus of Event on Global Status of Women
03/12/2010 -- The workshop is part of a series of events convened parallel to the United Nations 54th Commission on the Status of Women, in New York City, March 1-12.
- United Methodist Women Forum Promotes Migrant Women’s Rights
03/08/2010 -- Migrant women’s vulnerability to exploitation and need for international protections dominated a forum convened as a parallel event to the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- UMW and PICUM Launch Report on Women Migrant Workers
03/04/2010 -- On March 1, United Methodist Women and the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM) issued the report “The Exploitation of Undocumented Migrant Women in the Workplace.”
- Join Thousands Calling for Just Immigration Reform
02/22/2010 -- An historic March for America for Immigration Reform will take place Sunday, Mar. 21 in Washington, DC, rallying for just immigration reform.
- United Methodists Stand with Immigrants in Texas
01/20/2010 -- United Methodists and Pax Christi gathered with many other organizations and church communities to hold a prayer vigil and public witness at Willacy County Detention Center on Jan. 9, 2010 in Raymondville, Tx.
- United Methodists Join in Call for Justice, Comprehensive Immigration Reform
02/12/2009 -- Washington, DC, February 12, 2009--Faith communities in the United States are being called to pray and work for a just and comprehensive reform of what were described as broken immigration laws.
- Emma's Place: Hope and Home for Families
12/26/2008 -- Emma's Place (in St. Paul, Minnesota) believes in second chances, for which the families who live there are exceedingly grateful.
- United Methodist Women Stands in Solidarity for Immigrant Rights
10/20/2008 -- United Methodist Women stood in solidarity for immigrant rights on two occasions last week, as the organization’s Immigrant Rights/Civil Rights Initiative took steps to support this issue.
- Gleaning Women in God’s Harvest of Plenty
09/09/2008 -- Use this guided meditation on Thanksgiving Day, or other times in the year, as a way to examine the work of God in your life and the lives of migrant workers in the United States and around the world.
- Mary’s Song: My Song
03/25/2006 -- United Methodist Women and United Methodist Women's Division staff joined tens of thousands in New York City and Washington on April 10 to voice concerns over the potential criminalization of undocumented immigrants and to call for comprehensive immigrati...
Return to the original article.