We found 27 additional articles filed under internet. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Webinar: "Women, Migration & Maternal Health" - June 5
05/01/2013 -- June 5, 3-4 p.m., EDT. As the immigration debate heats up in the U.S., migrant women are often denied basic rights to health care; legal status, language and race all factor in limiting access. Learn more about what you can do! Register at umchealthyfamil...
- Exploring the Intersections: Maternal Health & Domestic Violence Webinar
03/15/2013 -- Wednesday, April 03, 2013; 3:00 -4:00 PM Eastern.
- 10-Fold. 1 Click. Be Counted.
09/24/2012 -- Are you looking for resources to help you make a difference in the world? This October, with a click of your mouse, you can become an advocate for mission! On October 1, 10-Fold returns for a month-long celebration of five exciting projects, each highligh...
- Watch General Conference Events Live Online
04/23/2012 -- GC2012.umc.org will live-stream video of all plenary sessions, morning prayer and evening worship services, the Episcopal Address, Laity Address, Young People’s Address, Act of Repentance and other highlights.
- Cutting-Edge Ministries and Commissioning of Deaconesses and Home Missioners
04/17/2012 -- These women and men follow Jesus in ministering to those in the "margins of society." You can watch the April 29th service of commissioning online.
- How to Make a Bible Study Video
01/10/2012 -- You can make your own Bible study video! It’s easier than you might think. Anyone with a video camera, digital camera, flip camera or smartphone, some basic editing equipment and a little creativity can make a video.
- National Seminar: Mission Reconciliation
01/03/2012 -- United Methodist Women taps U.S. civil rights history and new technology to engage the ministry of reconciliation in Birmingham, Alabama.
- A Time for Change: Technology
12/13/2011 -- This year's offering will enable national mission institutions and international institutions to help the marginalized and the poor, the physically challenged and others, especially women children and youth, who don’t have access to information technology...
- La Tecnología en un Tiempo de Cambio
12/13/2011 -- En la actualidad, la tecnología de la información tiene un rol clave en la comunicación y en el proceso de aprendizaje en el mundo entero.
- Report of the Deputy General Secretary
10/10/2011 -- On Friday October 7, Women’s Division Deputy General Secretary Harriett Jane Olson addressed the Women’s Division board of directors at their annual fall meeting. With the message “Shaping the Future,” Ms. Olson spoke of how the current work of United Met...
- United Methodist Women Helps Prevent Domestic Violence
08/17/2011 -- Video of news coverage from National Seminar. Julie Taylor sheds light on this issue that "belongs to all of us."
- Palestine's Facebook Generation
07/08/2011 -- Youth use social media to break the siege of Gaza.
- Issumagijoujungnianermik: From the Eskimo - "not being able to think about it or remember it any more."
07/05/2011 -- Issumagijoujungnianermik is not a commonly used word. Its use imparts a special kind of forgiveness on the part of the speaker to the recipient. When this word is used, the offender is forgiven to the point in which the offended will never again bring u...
- Harford School for Girls: Video on YouTube
06/23/2011 -- For more than 100 years Harford School has been preparing girls in Sierra Leone for leadership. This video was produced for response, June 2011 issue, the magazine of United Methodist Women. Video and photos by Nile Sprague.
- Gum Moon Residence Celebrates 100 Years: YouTube Video
06/22/2011 -- This San Francisco mission provides advocacy, programs for children, youth, and families, an emergency and transitional housing and more.
- It’s About Relationships
06/20/2011 -- response talks with young women about their involvement in United Methodist Women.
- Monitoring News Coverage of Religion in Mainstream News Media
06/13/2011 -- We are inviting you to monitor how mainstream media cover religion.
- Listen to "In Your Shoes" by Jenny Youngman
05/20/2011 -- MP3 audio companion piece to Forgiveness and Reconciliaton - the 2011 spiritual growth youth study.
- Church Agencies Battle Human Trafficking
03/31/2011 -- When Maria, an Armenian citizen, ended up in Dubai, she resisted attempts by her traffickers to force her into prostitution.
- Social Networking: A New Space for Faith
02/01/2011 -- Facebook. Twitter. Blog. Communication today is vastly different than it was even five years ago. Every medium has its advantages and disadvantages, each better at one function or another. But given all the new technology that, in theory, makes it easier ...
- Free Webinars on Faith and Domestic Violence
01/04/2011 -- United Methodist Women is offering a series of free webinars on Wednesdays from February 16 to March 2, 2011. Topics cover how people of faith, churches and clergy can help stop domestic violence and help victims.
- United Methodist Women Honored at UMAC
10/27/2010 -- United Methodist Women received awards at the annual meeting of the United Methodist Association of Communicators.
- Harriett Olson Speaks on Women, Peace and Security
10/26/2010 -- Women’s Division head Harriett Olson spoke on the importance of women’s involvement in peace and security issues for an event on implementing United Nations Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on Women, Peace and Security.
- Results of the 2010 Global Media Monitoring
09/10/2010 -- On November 10, 2009, volunteers from 108 countries, including United Methodist Women members, monitored the portrayal of women in the media. These are some conclusions from the Global Media Monitoring final report.
- More than Sisters
05/02/2010 -- Women learn to use social media to connect with one another and the world.
- Peace Media Monitoring: Sept. 22
09/08/2008 -- Sep. 02, 2008: Women are invited to participate in peace media monitoring this month in conjunction with the International Day of Peace. Sept. 21 marks the celebration of the International Day of Peace.
- New Times, New Challenges, New Technologies: United Methodist Women at the Forefront in the Use of Technology
11/01/2005 -- United Methodist Women has always been at the forefront of innovation and the use of technology. This year is no exception!
Return to the original article.