We found 13 additional articles filed under Worth. They're listed below, most recent first.
- Thomas Kemper Gives Remarks to 2009-2012 Women’s Division Directors
04/02/2012 -- The General Secretary of the General Board of Global Ministries, Thomas Kemper, gave closing remarks on the legacy of directors at their final meeting of the 2009-2012 quadrennium, the Semi-Annual board meeting in Plano, Tex., March 15-19, 2012.
- Adoption's Love
04/01/2012 -- A woman and child union sparks hope after the 1994 Rwandan genocide.
- At Last Meeting of the Quadrennium, Women’s Division Directors Set Mission Budget, Welcome New Staff
03/21/2012 -- For many directors, the semiannual Women’s Division board of directors meeting in Plano, Texas, would be their last, as they served the maximum of their full two terms of eight years. Yet there was ample time for this configuration of directors to celebra...
- Finding Our Self: United Methodist Women in the Next Quadrennium
03/20/2012 -- At the spring 2012 Women’s Division board meeting, Deputy General Secretary Harriett Jane Olson asks United Methodist Women to define itself as an organization that is part of the body of Christ.
- Treasurer's Report: Many Gifts, One Spirit
03/19/2012 -- Treasurer Martha Knight described the impact the Women’s Division board of directors’ budgetary approvals throughout the 2009-2012 quadrennium had on individuals, communities and organizations around the world.
- Directors Visit Southeast Dallas Cooperative Parish, Learn About Immigration Issues
03/19/2012 -- Directors heard from pastors leading the three member churches and learned about how Justice for Our Neighbors was helping immigrants retain legal rights in Dallas.
- Women’s Division Directors Honored at Quadrennial Celebration
03/19/2012 -- At the semiannual board meeting in Plano, Texas, the Women’s Division honored the present configuration of directors and celebrated the exemplary work they did over the course of the 2009-2012 quadrennium.
- Directors Approve $60,000 Grant for Anti-Domestic-Violence Initiative
03/19/2012 -- The Inelda Z. Gonzalez Initiative on Domestic Violence, in honor of the Women’s Division president during the 2009-2012 quadrennium, will provide funds for resources, trainings, and internships to help bring awareness and action to domestic violence in th...
- Opening Our Eyes and Hearts to the Needs and Gifts of Women, Children and Youth
03/18/2012 -- At the spring 2012 board of directors meeting, Inelda González, president of the Women’s Division, celebrated the past four years of work and service of the board of directors on behalf of United Methodist Women.
- Wesley-Rankin Center Keeps Kids Stocked Up on School Supplies
09/01/2010 -- United Methodist Women-supported Wesley-Rankin Center in Dallas, Tx., helps kids go back to school with supplies, with help from a Women's Division grant for this program.
- A Century of Service
05/14/2010 -- United Methodist Women-supported United Community Centers helps people forget about problems, and gives people hope.
- Retired United Methodist Missionary, Josephine Beckwith, Dies at 100
06/24/2008 -- Josephine Beckwith, 100, served the church for 32 years as a Home Missionary, but didn't define her work as a calling.
- United Methodist Bishop Visits Mission Institution in Fort Worth, Texas
04/25/2008 -- Fort Worth, Texas, April 25, 2008 -- As an all-church meeting continues in Fort Worth, Texas, one bishop took time on April 24 to attend another important gathering: snack time in the after-school program at United Community Centers, Inc., a local United ...
Return to the original article.