We found 10 additional articles filed under Abuse. They're listed below, most recent first.
- The Domestic Violence Initiative of United Methodist Women
12/13/2010 -- United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men have partnered to launch a domestic violence initiative to raise awareness and provide training in United Methodist congregations.
- Intercept Human Trafficking
12/07/2010 -- Super Bowl XLV will be held Sunday February 6, 2011, in Dallas, Texas. While the country celebrates this unofficial holiday, United Methodist Women and Mosaic Family Services in North Texas will be working to combat human trafficking.
- This Thanksgiving, Help End Violence Against Women
11/23/2010 -- Be thankful for your blessings this Thanksgiving: Take action to end violence against women.
- Very Much In Control
10/12/2010 -- The Rev. Dr. Aleese Moore-Orbih of FaithTrust Institute led directors, staff and guests in a domestic violence awareness education session the Women’s Division Annual board of directors meeting in Stamford, Conn.
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
07/27/2010 -- Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Domestic Violence Printable Handout (PDF)
07/27/2010 -- Print this handout for distribution at events on building awareness on domestic violence. Also includes survey and program evaluation form.
- Protect Teens from Dating Violence
05/05/2010 -- In March, the House of Representatives passed House Resolution 1081, to affirm its support for awareness and prevention of teen dating violence.
- United Methodist Women and Men Take Action Against Domestic Violence
04/18/2010 -- The organizations agreed to collaborate on domestic violence programs, training and resources that can be used in churches across the country.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
10/01/2008 -- Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Return to the original article.