We found 13 additional articles filed under domestic. They're listed below, most recent first.
- The Domestic Violence Initiative of United Methodist Women
12/13/2010 -- United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men have partnered to launch a domestic violence initiative to raise awareness and provide training in United Methodist congregations.
- This Thanksgiving, Help End Violence Against Women
11/23/2010 -- Be thankful for your blessings this Thanksgiving: Take action to end violence against women.
- Very Much In Control
10/12/2010 -- The Rev. Dr. Aleese Moore-Orbih of FaithTrust Institute led directors, staff and guests in a domestic violence awareness education session the Women’s Division Annual board of directors meeting in Stamford, Conn.
- October: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
07/27/2010 -- Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Domestic Violence Printable Handout (PDF)
07/27/2010 -- Print this handout for distribution at events on building awareness on domestic violence. Also includes survey and program evaluation form.
- Update: The Beauty and Courage of Sudan
05/11/2010 -- In the months since publication of the geographic study, The Beauty and Courage of Sudan, flickers of hope have enlivened Sudan’s dream of peace.
- Protect Teens from Dating Violence
05/05/2010 -- In March, the House of Representatives passed House Resolution 1081, to affirm its support for awareness and prevention of teen dating violence.
- United Methodist Women and Men Take Action Against Domestic Violence
04/18/2010 -- The organizations agreed to collaborate on domestic violence programs, training and resources that can be used in churches across the country.
- On International Women’s Day, United Methodist Women Assesses Setbacks for Women’s Rights, Affirms Commitments
03/15/2010 -- On International Women’s Day, March 8, United Methodist Women joins thousands of women around the world to affirm our commitment to gender equality for women.
- Ecumenical Women Worship, Prepare for 54th U.N. Commission on Status of Women
03/02/2010 -- Ecumenical Women at the United Nations gathered in the Church Center for the United Nations Feb. 27 to worship and prepare for the 54th Commission on the Status of Women.
- A Speech on the Subway
10/22/2009 -- A reflection on an experience on the New York subway and the United Nation’s new agency for women, celebrating United Nations Day, Oct. 24.
- Division Directors Rally for Health Care, Act for Justice
10/11/2009 -- Passing cars honked approval as more than 50 Women’s Division directors, staff and guests rallied in support of health care for all at a noontime vigil outside the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, Conn., Oct. 10.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
10/01/2008 -- Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the first Day of Unity observed in October, 1981 by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
Return to the original article.