DISC (Disability Concerns)
DISC (Disability Concerns) is a resource for persons with disabilities, their families, friends, caretakers, congregations and clergy. This page offers information related to disability concerns with a focus on spiritual care. Here, you will find material on developmental disabilities, mental illness, appropriate language, social and environmental accessibility and resources on disability for individuals and faith communities.
The UMC Task Force on Disabilities
The mission of the The UMC Task Force on Disabilities is to identify, develop and communicate about programs and resources for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities within the faith community of each Annual Conference, and to mobilize disability champions to represent each Annual Conference and promote our vision. Please visit the task force web page for more information.
- Who are People with Disabilities?
- Making Your Church Accessible
- Creating Accessible Web Pages
- Worship Resources for Disability Awareness Sunday
Specific Disability Resources
- Appropriate Language in Discussing Mental Illness
- Autism Resources for Children and Teachers
- Autism and Spirituality: Information for Religious Education Teachers
- Autism and Spirituality Resources for Congregations
- Developmental Disabilities Resources for Congregations
- Ministries with Deaf, Late-Deafened, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf Blind People