Sewing Kit Assembly & Shipping Instructions
Sewing kits foster independence rather than dependence. Women can make clothing in their own size and in the style of their culture. Cottage industries often grow out of the sewing classes where women use these kits to practice valuable income-generating skills.
Sewing Kit Items Value: $18 per kit
- 3 continuous yards of fabric
cotton or cotton blend only
no heavy duty, corduroy, knit etc. please
no patriotic, religious, holiday, camouflage, or military patterned fabric please
- 1 pair scissors
fabric scissors only
- 1 package needles
hand needles in original packaging only
- 1 spool thread
medium to large spool no travel kit thread please
- 5‐8 buttons
no loose buttons
leave buttons in original packaging or fasten all together
- 1 plastic bag
one gallon size sealable bags only
Wrap sewing notions in fabric. Place kit in the plastic bag and seal.
‐ All items must be new.
‐ Do not wash the fabric as it will then be considered used.
‐ All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items – nothing more.
‐ DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- Box Weight. Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete 2 packing lists-one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent without delay to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.