Health Kit Assembly & Shipping Instructions
Health kits provide basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. Health kits are also used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition and cooking classes.
Health Kit Items Value: $12 per kit
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
- 1 hand towel 15” x 25” to 17”x 27”
kitchen cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb
needs to be sturdy
no pocket combs or picks please
rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable
- 1 metal nail file or clipper
no emery boards please
- 1 bath size soap
3 oz. and larger sizes only all brands are acceptable
do not remove from original packaging
- 1 toothbrush
adult size only do not remove from original packaging
- 6 adhesive bandages
¾” to 1 “ size common household band aids
- 1 plastic bag one gallon size
sealable bags only
- $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
Set the $1.00 for toothpaste aside to be included in a separate envelope. Lay out the hand towel flat on a table. Lay the washcloth flat in the center of the hand towel. Place all remaining items on top of the wash cloth. Fold over the sides of the hand towel to cover all of the items. Fold over one end of the hand towel so that it covers all of the items. Grasp the bundle of items tightly and roll over the remainder of the hand towel tightly. Place the tightly rolled bundle in the plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
‐ All items must be new.
‐ Do not wash any of the items as they will be considered used.
‐ All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items – nothing more.
‐ DO NOT include any personal notes, money or additional material in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
‐ UMCOR is now purchasing toothpaste in bulk to be added to health kits before shipping to ensure that the product does not expire before they are sent. Do not put single dollar bills in each kit. Collect all monies for toothpaste and shipping, place it in a separate envelope and send along with the kit donations.
- Box Weight. Each packed box cannot exceed 66 pounds.
- Complete 2 packing lists-one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least
- $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50