Resources include liturgies, sermons, and Bible studies.
- God Is Merciful and Gracious, Psalm 103
- God Heals the Brokenhearted, Psalm 147:1-1
- The Paralyzed Man and His Friends, Matthew 9:1-8
- Jesus Heals the Woman Suffering from Bleeding, Matthew 9:20-2
(The numbering of these selections is from The United Methodist Hymnal. Links are to online versions that include midi music)
#11, "How Can We Name a Love"; #192, "There's a Spirit in the Air"; #263, "When Jesus the Healer Passed Through Galilee"; #375, "There is a Balm in Gilead"; #378, "Amazing Grace"; #382, "Have Thine Own Way"; #393 "Spirit of the Living God"; #434, "Cuando el Pobre"; #503, "Let It Breathe on Me"; #510, "Come Ye Disconsolate"; #522, "Leave It There"; #657, "This Is the Day"
(The numbers are from the United Methodist Hymnal)
#457, "For the Sick; #459, "Serenity Prayer"; #460, "In the Time of Illness"; #460, "For Those Who Mourn"
Be a Force for Change (Responsive Reading)
1. Come, Holy Spirit, be with us today--
2. Enfold us, comfort us, inspire us.
1. Come, Holy Spirit, heal us today--
2. Make us whole, perfect us in love, breathe into us your hope.
1. Come, Holy Spirit, empower us today--
2. Convert us, move us, strengthen us
All: To be a force for change from now on.
by Nancy A. Carter
Psalm 148 (Responsive Reading)
Praise God from the heavens; praise God in the heights.
Praise God, all angels: praise God, heavenly hosts.
Praise God, sun and moon; praise God, all stars of light.
Praise God, to the highest, even to all galaxies of the universe.
Let all praise the name of the Creator: for God commanded, and everything was created.
Let all praise the One who is the Greatest Force for Creation a Change.
Praise the LORD from the earth and from even the deepest part of the oceans:
Fire, and hail; snow, and fog; stormy wind fulfilling God's word:
Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:
Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:
Rulers of the earth, and all people; Presidents and all judges of the earth:
Both young men and women; old men and old women, and boys and girls:
Let them praise the name of God: for God's name alone is excellent;
God's glory is above the earth and heaven.
ALL: PRAISE BE TO GOD!
(paraphrased and modernized by Nancy A. Carter)
- AIDS, Family, Faith: A Force for Change by Richard B. Cory (for World AIDS Day 1998). He updates us on his family's story and says, "There is a solution to the AIDS pandemic. If people around the world join together they can become the greatest force ever known and change the course of history."
- Binding Up the Brokenhearted Children by Nancy A. Carter, United Methodist HIV/AIDS Focus Paper #16: This paper stresses the importance of adults being able to talk with children about HIV/AIDS, sickness, sexuality and death. It emphasizes the importance of enabling children to grieve.
- Inspiring Stories of Living with AIDS
- Life with Alex written by Richard B. Cory (for World AIDS Day 1997) tells what is like for him to have an 11-year old son who has AIDS