Put Your Arms Around the World:
Global Song and Activities for Children
Put your arms around the world and you’ll feel the beating heart of God ... All those living in the world need the blessing of peace.
(Song text from "Put Your Arms Around the World")
The songs we learn as children often remain a part of our memory for life and shape our understanding of God, ourselves, others, and the world. They fill us with joy and make us happy. They comfort us when we are sad and challenge us to think seriously about who we are as God's children and how we should live our lives as followers of Jesus.
(From the Introduction, by S T Kimbrough, Jr.)
Join with children from more than 15 countries and regions in singing the stories of their faith. These songs provide an opportunity for children to sing Bible stories and songs that illuminate biblical images. In these songs the children will learn about living in peace and harmony with all people, that children are building God’s church, and that the table of Holy Communion is open to all people wherever they are. Children will sing that in God's world we must walk hand in hand with all of God's children and that we must care for God’s gift of creation. Through these songs children also learn about the presence of God in the midst of difficult situations, and that even in suffering God is always there. All of the songs are appropriate for children's worship and two in particular teach the value and importance of prayer.
Christian educators, Sunday school teachers, children's choir directors, and other leaders of children will discover that this resource will provide an opportunity for all children to learn about each other and the many ways they can express their faith, as well as to experience songs of faith from around the world.
This resource includes:
- •Eighteen songs from 15 countries and regions around the world, carefully selected for cross-cultural use and appeal to children and their leaders;
- •REPRODUCIBLE SINGERS' SCORES with melody and text versions of the songs that can be reproduced for use with children (one per participant);
- •The music score, coordinating picture, story, and suggested activity for each song;
- •A layout to enhance use as a read-aloud picture book, allowing children to easily see the picture while a story is being read to them;
- •Leaders' helps, such as a pronunciation guide, a wide variety of suggested settings in which to use this resource, tips for teaching the songs to children, and a list of additional mission education resources for children.
A companion CD is also available that includes a recording of each song, usually by children from the song’s community of origin.
Listen to 30 second clips from Put Your Arms Around the World. Each clip is available in both MP3 (about 500K) and WMA (about 90K) formats.
- Put your arms around the world: mp3 wma
- Animal choir: mp3 wma
- Alle Kinder dieser Erde / All the children, wheresoever : mp3 wma
- ¡Miren qué bueno! / Oh, look and wonder!: mp3 wma
- All praise to our redeeming Lord : mp3 wma
- Dedeen ded / Lord of lords : mp3 wma
- Kanisa litajengua / O, who will build the church now? : mp3 wma
- Vi vandrar / We’re walking : mp3 wma
- Bate batuque : mp3 wma
- Forty days and forty nights : mp3 wma
- Baba tino tenda / God on high, we thank you : mp3 wma
- Dong tian yi wang / Winter has passed : mp3 wma
- Kyrie / Gracious Lord, have mercy : mp3 wma
- Mari, mari / Greeting song : mp3 wma
- All things bright and beautiful : mp3 wma
- Don’na tokidemo / Any time and anywhere : mp3 wma
- u we do li s di / Orphan child : mp3 wma
- We will be God’s people: mp3 wma
To Order Global Praise Music:
Call the Cokesbury Music Service (1-877-877-8674)
Email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Cokesbury.com to place an order online
Call Cokesbury (1-800-672-1789) or contact your local Cokesbury store
Wholesale vendors can contact Global Praise by email at email@example.com.