100% of each gift reaches its intended mission or ministry.
As The Advance seeks to operate with the highest level of accountability, integrity and transparency.
Accountability of Giving Through The Advance:
- The General Board of Global Ministries has a system of accountability in place to ensure all gifts given through The Advance reach the intended mission or ministry.
- Area financial persons are present in each country or region. They receive and distribute gifts.
- Using wire transfers removes many of the risks faced when mailing or carrying funds to projects directly.
- Gifts can be tracked to the penny and to the date.
- Global Ministries conducts audits to ensure the appropriate use of funds.
- Beginning in 2009, The Advance will require an annual report from each project to help foster accountability, increase promotion, and communicate with project partners throughout the world.
Tracking the Accountability of your Gift
A tax-deductible gift may be given through these different avenues (please include Advance number on check):
- Local Church
- Annual Conference
- Online Giving: www.givetomission.org
Toll-free hotline to Global Ministries: 1-888-252-6174
Mail to: Advance GCFA, P.O. Box 9068, GPO, New York, NY 10087-9068
Global Ministries receives and processes the gifts, which are made available for disbursement and automatically wired to the project director or area financial person in the region once every month. The project receives 100 percent of your gift.
Online or telephone giving expedites the process and still enables your church and conference to receive Advance credit.