Advance # 982168
Strengthening the healthcare networks and facilities of UMC hospitals and clinics around the globe
Background / History
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Program assists Methodist churches in developing regions to assess the needs of their healthcare facilities. It then works with them to improve standards of care, always ensuring that the effort will be part of a larger strategy of community-based health education and development.
The following hospitals represent a few of the more than 300 hospitals and health posts that are part of this program that brings health and healing to communities throughout Africa, South America, and Asia.
Goals & Objectives
1. Foster good governance and management practices and systems.
2. Cultivate strong administrative and medical leadership in the health care facilities.
3. Invest in human resource development at all levels of the healthcare system.
4. Strengthen the physical infrastructure.
5. Provide for necessary equipment, supplies, and medication.
UMCOR Health and Development will continue to work with United Methodist Health Boards to develop strategic management plans for the healthcare facilities and then provide support to strategic initiatives that will contribute to the overall sustainability and quality of care offered by the facilities supported through this program.
The health of the community will improve as measured by lower morbidity and mortality rates.
The number of patients seen, operations performed, deliveries, lab tests, x-rays and drugs prescribed as well as the number of villages reached through the outreach programs.
Budget & Financial Information
|Annual Advance Financial Goal
|Local Financial Support
|UMCOR Programmatic Budget
- Community Health Buildings and Health Vehicles
- Disabled/Handicapped and Special Needs
- Diseases and Viruses
- Elderly/Older Adults/Aged/Senior Citizens
- Global Health
- Health & Nutrition Education, Hygiene, Nursing, Drugs, Diseases, Natural Medicines, Infant Mortality
- Health Care Workers and Volunteers
- Health Screenings, Medical Outreach, Medical Emergencies
- Health-Related Buildings, Hospitals, Clinics, Counseling Centers, Hospices, Nursing Homes
- Health-Related Transportation, Ambulances, Health Vans
- Medical Care
- Medicines, Immunizations, Vaccinations, Health Materials
- Pediatrics, Family Planning, Teenage Pregnancy, Maternity
- Persons Experiencing Addiction
- Persons Who Are Hospitalized, Sick, Patients
- Persons With Low-Income, Unemployed, or Poor
- Rural Health
- Rural Populations
- Surgery, Prosthesis, Amputation, Orthopedic, Emergency
- Urban/Inner City Health
- Urban/Inner City Populations