What is a Covenant Relationship
Churches partner with a missionary when they enter into a Covenant Relationship.
This partnership is much more than a financial commitment. It is a dynamic relationship where the church and missionary pray for one another and communicate regularly. By deepening its own awareness of the struggles and triumphs of the missionary, the congregation participates in a work that is truly connectional.
Mission Personnel provides for the regular itineration of all missionaries who have significant support from churches. During itineration once every three years, the congregation has the opportunity to meet the missionary face-to-face by hosting them at their church. For information about missionary itineration, please contact Mission Personnel, Executive Secretary of Itineration, Fred Price, email@example.com.
There are over 300 Global Ministries missionaries that are supported through Covenant Relationships serving in over 60 countries. There is a great need for more supporting churches to be involved in the Covenant Relationship program. If more churches partner with missionaries, Global Ministries will be able to send more missionaries out into the world to make disciples of Jesus Christ!
How to Establish a Covenant Relationship
- • Establish a financial goal of $2,500 annually or $5 per church member per year.
- • Contact your Conference Secretary of Global Ministries or The Advance office to obtain information about missionaries that are related to your annual conference.
- • Complete the Covenant Relationship Acceptance Agreement Form attached to establish your partnership with a missionary.
- • Submit form to The Advance office at The General Board of Global Ministries.
- • Send financial support to your conference treasurer clearly designating the missionary's name or Advance number.
- • Consider the missionary as an extension of your church staff by listing them in your church bulletin and prayerfully support the work of God's mission throughout the World.