Step-by-Step B1 event Planning Guide
Two to three months prior to the event:
- Meet with your group.
- Show video from our website and discuss.
- Determine a date for your event and the type of fasting event your group is holding.
- Order materials for your group. Go to www.fasttodaychangetomorrow.org and click on the Resources link at the bottom right corner. This will link you to Cokesbury, where you can order everything you need (t-shirts, student handbooks, envelopes, water bottles, posters, and promotional materials).
One month to one week prior to the event:
- Register your event using the Registration link.
- Distribute envelopes and Student Handbooks to youth.
- Publicize your event in your church bulletin or campus newspaper.
- Instruct the youth to collect money from sponsors up until the event and encourage youth to solicit prayer support from their sponsors.
- Optional: on the day of the event, use the sign-in sheet resource to keep track of your participants.
One to two weeks after the event:
- Fill out the evaluation forms available online here for leaders and youth participants.
- Thank your sponsors.
- If you video-taped the event, show the video during Sunday worship and in youth group during your next meeting
Encourage your group to continue serving in their community after the event, and to "B" the change they wish to see in the world!