United Methodist Volunteers In Mission:
Christian Love in Action! Individual Opportunities Home
Assist with UMVIM teams and various mission and outreach sites in capital and outlying regions. www.strongmissions.com.
1. Project Salud y Paz, Quetzaltenango - Request for an assistant in the administration of two medical clinics and meet/travel with short term volunteer in mission teams who are in the country. Living expenses will be provided. Minimum commitment of one year is requested.
2. Project Salud y Paz - assist administrator with oversight of personnel, volunteer teams, clinic operations, community health education, and control of medical supplies.
3. Conversion of abandoned Methodist Church into a Medical Clinic, San Juan la Laguna, Sololá (Lake Aÿitlán) - Request for someone with interpersonal relationships skills and the ability to organize to:
1. Assist in setting priorities for construction
2. Arrange logistics for construction and medical teams
3. Work with and host construction teams
4. Design and participate in evaluation, assessment needs of the area.
1 year commitment if possible.
1. La Ceiba: medical personnel. Visits must be cleared ahead of time with Ministry of Public Health.
2. Project Send Hope's House of Hope, Puerto Lempira. Home for partially physically disabled children and malnourished babies. Someone is needed to love and supervise the children, help with school work, do some household tasks / in other words a mom or dad is needed! Spanish helpful but not required.
3. Health Care Coordinator / Consultant. Help develop a new, integrated community health program involving the twelve congregations of the United Methodist Mission Church of Honduras. Responsibilities would entail assessing health needs and facilities, developing an appropriate health care component for each location, helping to support local health professionals and train community health workers, and promote and coordinate UMVIM health care teams and individual health care volunteers. The position requires health professional training, willingness to travel and to work with the UMVIM Coordinator and the Honduran Church Council on Ministries Committee of Health Care. Mission experience in health care is highly desirable. A minimum of 6-12 months commitment is expected. Housing could be provided.
4. Utila Mission House
a. Qualified teacher (volunteer) needed for Utila Methodist Community School and College to assist in teaching English, English as a Foreign Language and perhaps music, art, sports and crafts. Housing will be provided.
b. Volunteer needed to assist pastor - starting activities for youth and young adults and possibly with Alcoholics Annon and Narcotics Annon groups. Housing can be arranged.