Tips for Completing a Global Justice Volunteer Application
• Please contact the Global Justice Volunteer (GJV) office before filling out the application. This will provide you an opportunity to ask any questions that you might have about the program and to also find out additional information on the program for the upcoming year. Contacting us provides you with an opportunity to introduce yourself to the GJV office and the GJV staffperson to you. By doing so, we can work together on the application process.
• Be sure to fill out the application completely. It is preferred that you type the application. If you are handwriting your answers, please use blue or black ink. We would appreciate legible penmanship.
• Make sure your application is neat and easily readable.
• Attach additional pages if needed.
• On the short answer section, please use complete sentences and provide two to three complete paragraphs (approximately 3-5 sentences per paragraph.). These paragraphs provide us with information about you and your goals for participating in the Global Justice Volunteers program. Please be concise when sharing information that provides us with a clear picture of you. We would like to know why you are interested in the GJV program and what you hope to gain by participating. Please give spiritual reflection to your answers.
• If you have any questions about any section of the application or about the program itself, please contact the GJV office: (212) 870-3825 or email@example.com.
* * *