Global Ministries Organization
The General Board of Global Ministries is the global mission agency of The United Methodist Church, its annual conferences, missionary conferences, and local congregations.
Global Ministries is organized into the following units: Mission and Evangelism, Development and Communication, the United Methodist Committee on Relief, and the Women's Division.
Download Organization Chart, PDF
(22 pp., 285 KB).
- Board Leadership (pg. 1)
- Office of the General Secretary (pg. 2)
- The Advance and Development (pg. 3)
- Mission Communications (pages 4-5)
- Finance & Administration (pages 6-9)
- Mission & Evangelism (pages 10-12)
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) (pages 13-15)
- Women’s Division (pages 16-19)
(As of September 15, 2011)
Global Ministries' Organizational Values
We recognize that the values of the organization are expressed in how we interact with one another, our partners, constituents, and those we serve. As such we have articulated important values that guide our actions and ground our work. We affirm our history, tradition, and mandate of being engaged in Ministry with the Poor, as we serve Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of the world.
- We embrace God's covenant of Love and Justice and engage in ministry with persons and groups who are poor and marginalized.
- We are Accountable for being Fruitful in our work and Faithful in the stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
- We Respect one another for the gifts and talents that each brings to their individual ministries and the common calling.
- We Collaborate and build Trust with our mission partners, annual conferences, local churches, and the communities we serve.
- We approach our work with Humility and Integrity, learning from those with whom we are in mission.
- We practice Servant Leadership in our work.